s/v Tiger Lily
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC - Annapolis
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Stackpacks, Lazyjacks, and Mainsail Facts!
I must admit the one thing I dread is putting the mainsail away. I have lazyjacks with a conventional sail-tie and buckle-down cover setup. I have uttered many profanities at the end of the sailing day.
What's the scoop on the Stack-Pack or mainsail drop-bag (term?) setup? I've seen a few threads on the subject, but I'm still confused?
- Can this type of bag work with my existing lazyjacks?
- Do you have to have full-batten sail for this system? Doyle shows full battens in their photos.
- Can't you just have a canvas shop make one that works around the lazys and flake it into the bag as you zip it up?
- Can the bag roll and tie up along the boom or does it have to stay vertically extended under sail?
- I'd like to see your setup if you have one!
Severna Park, MD
Pearson 35 - s/v Tiger Lily