SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

S/S Propane Tank?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  jppp 
#1 ·
Friend of mine says his J32 has a ss propane tank. I want one. Anyone know where one might be had? I googled the heck out of it. I tried searching here. I must be doing something wrong because I can't get the search function to search for all the words together. Tried "" and () but get threads with individual words not the string.

#2 ·
I've never seen a SS propane tank of any size... you positive the one you're looking at isn't aluminum?

FWIW the newer fiberglass tanks really are great.. lightweight, the liquid level is visible, not sure I'd rather have SS even if someone made it. ($$$:eek:)

#5 ·
Good to know, SB.... but like I said.... $$$$:eek: - $332:eek:

#7 ·
I thought that this was a thread about a sailing ship named "Propane Tank"...

#8 ·
As a white water rafter, the composite tanks are now the preferred tank. Light weight, easy to tie down, see through, no guessing on amount left and no cookie cutter base ring.

U-Haul . com seems to be the best price $90.00 for the 20# tank.

See sailors aren't cheap, just thrifty..

Just my 2 cents.

#9 ·
Faster - click the drop down box - 4.5 kg (10 lb) tank is $495.:eek:

I have 2 10lb composite tanks - first one was $99 and the newer one a bit more.
I like them - light weight, no rust, you can see the level. A win all around and about half the price of aluminum, a quarter the price of the gold, I mean stainless tank.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.