SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Line and metal thing identification? (

n8kraft 02-15-2012 02:40 PM

Line and metal thing identification?
Hi All,

I recently bought a new boat and it came with a lot of awesome stuff, but I can't identify what this thing is. It looks like it may be used for climbing, but there is a separate mast climbing harness. Any ideas?



mgmhead 02-15-2012 02:44 PM

Check this video

Wichard Boom Brake Gybe Easy - YouTube

Should answer any questions.

Bene505 02-15-2012 03:16 PM

I got one of those recently. I use it when sailing solo. (It hasn't had to absorb a big gybe yet.)

Depending on the size of your main, you'll snake the loop through 1, 2, or 3 of those oblong holes. Note that it's NOT configured correctly, unless the sail is very small.


P.S. You may want to reduce the size of your posted picture, so this thread "reads" easily. But maybe this thread is now done.

n8kraft 02-15-2012 03:41 PM

Very cool! Thanks for the quick reply. It's a new boat so there's definitely going to be a big learning curve moving from a Catalina 27 up to a Cheoy Lee Offshore 41!

Ritchard 02-16-2012 09:49 PM

It came with a nice bit of rope too.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome