SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Metz Antenna - product warranty info (

Pamlicotraveler 03-22-2012 01:08 PM

Metz Antenna - product warranty info
I have bought a bunch of these things over the years and they are good antennas.

The company says

All of our antennas come with the only lifetime warranty on the base coil that is known to exist in the industry.
I just learned from Dick Metz that the antenna is waranteed only for the original owner and with a receipt. He says "some people are trying to get a free antenna."

It's not an expensive piece of equipment, about $50, but it would be helpful if they would be clear on their website. Many people don't save receipts. It seems like they are trying to get kudos for a warranty that is in fact limited.

gus_452000 03-22-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Metz Antenna - product warranty info
Its a little bit of a trick by the company I think, buy the antenna if you still have it and the original receipt (sorry but I wouldnt have kept mine after 6 months let alone after 6 or 7 years) and if it goes wrong they will swap it, not the whole thing just the base coil! So if you buy a boat and its got one on and the base coil is full of water, they want you to buy a new one, I suppose you could ask the original owner if he has the original receipt for you and doesnt mind asking for a replacement from the company, but seems like a whole lot of hassle for a new base coil!