next step (cracked spreader)
i got the spreaders down and replaced with aluminum spreaders. now i need to tune the rig how tight should my stays be the boat is a 33 foot ketch with wood masts
Re: next step (cracked spreader)
All depends on the type of boat, rig, rig configuration, cut of the sails, sails CE relavtive to hull CE at a given wind/boat speed, and a few other factors.
The best solution is on the water experamentaion.
1) get your rig centered in the partners, and forward and aft on the mast step.
2) tighten the rig just enough to keep it from wobbling.
3) go sailing in 5kn of breeze, hard on the wind with the sails trimmed look up the mast, if it is leaning to leeward tack
4) your uppers need to be tightened. Start with one full turn.
5) tack back repeat 3-5 until the mast stays in colum
6) to the same on the other tack.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012