SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Penta MD 7A Saildrive Parts?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  flydude3 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a 1981 sailboat with volvo penta diesel and saildrive. Does anyone have experience with cost/availabity of parts for these engines?

#2 ·
I just repowered my Sabre 28 with a Yanmar 2GM20F due to the fact that parts were not readily available and when they were available you had to be willing to shell out big $$$ for ''em. Mine was a straight shaft MD7A and I don''t believe many saildrives are out there. Good Luck!

#3 ·
I have a MD 11C diesel and saildrive, I have not tried to find many parts yet, but the few I''ve needed I haven''t had any trouble locating yet. I have located a sail drive at the local Marine surplus store if I ever need an extra for parts. What part of the country are you in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.