Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one - Page 2 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 03-26-2004

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one

Richard, thanks for the reply. As it turned out, a Cruising Club of America newsletter is where we found our eventual purchase - 2 yrs old, still in certification (and in perfect condition when inspected by my friend) and less than half the new price.

Another option that offered many choices was eBay...but several things bothered me (more so than my friend) about that method. One was that, in some cases, not enougb follow-up info could be obtained within the bidding time (perhaps the person was traveling?), which leaves you feeling like you''re buying an unknown entity. Second, most sellers thought they were just selling another item and notions like ''final purchase based on inspection'' didn''t compute for them. And third, I couldn''t shake the feeling we were aiding/abetting theft rings, simply ''laundering'' stolen property. One guy sold rafts frequently, claimed to be a boat broker in the Miami area (but never offered up the brokerage name, odd for a salesman type I thought), and said these rafts were coming off boats returning from the Caribbean. Certainly could be, but...

How''s the SB Marina these days? And did you leave KLARISSA over in the islands for a while? We have many fond memories of our first sailing forays out of there for SC/SR islands.

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-01-2013

Fidak_Marine is on a distinguished road
Re: Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOOSH View Post
I''m helping a friend prep for an Atlantic Crossing this summer and he''s still looking for a good quality but not-new liferaft.

If you don''t have one you would be interested in selling, perhaps you have some suggestons about where he might look. Consignment shops (Sailorman & Bacons so far), SSCA''s on-line Flea Market, eBay and the upcoming Dania Used Boat Gear sources are all being pursued...but we''d welcome any other ideas.

Jack
Hi Jack,

My Name Is Raza and I do business of Marine Life Rafts I found your massage for buying Life Rafts as i buy a huge quantity of Marine Spare We have a good Stock of Second Hand Life Rafts if you could contact me by Email or Phone i can surely provide you at very best price.

My Email Address and phone No. +918905697711.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013

jsaronson is on a distinguished road

usedboatequipment.com
Old 02-01-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

Raza you are replying to messages posted in 2004. And ignored since.

One hopes you check the repack and expiry dates on those second-hand rafts more closley. There have been more recent discussions on the pros and cons of older life rafts and the problems of international shipping of them.