Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one - Page 2 - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 03-26-2004 Thread Starter
Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one

Richard, thanks for the reply. As it turned out, a Cruising Club of America newsletter is where we found our eventual purchase - 2 yrs old, still in certification (and in perfect condition when inspected by my friend) and less than half the new price.

Another option that offered many choices was eBay...but several things bothered me (more so than my friend) about that method. One was that, in some cases, not enougb follow-up info could be obtained within the bidding time (perhaps the person was traveling?), which leaves you feeling like you''re buying an unknown entity. Second, most sellers thought they were just selling another item and notions like ''final purchase based on inspection'' didn''t compute for them. And third, I couldn''t shake the feeling we were aiding/abetting theft rings, simply ''laundering'' stolen property. One guy sold rafts frequently, claimed to be a boat broker in the Miami area (but never offered up the brokerage name, odd for a salesman type I thought), and said these rafts were coming off boats returning from the Caribbean. Certainly could be, but...

How''s the SB Marina these days? And did you leave KLARISSA over in the islands for a while? We have many fond memories of our first sailing forays out of there for SC/SR islands.

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 Old 02-01-2013
Re: Need used liferaft or recommendations on where to find one

Originally Posted by WHOOSH View Post
I''m helping a friend prep for an Atlantic Crossing this summer and he''s still looking for a good quality but not-new liferaft.

If you don''t have one you would be interested in selling, perhaps you have some suggestons about where he might look. Consignment shops (Sailorman & Bacons so far), SSCA''s on-line Flea Market, eBay and the upcoming Dania Used Boat Gear sources are all being pursued...but we''d welcome any other ideas.

Hi Jack,

My Name Is Raza and I do business of Marine Life Rafts I found your massage for buying Life Rafts as i buy a huge quantity of Marine Spare We have a good Stock of Second Hand Life Rafts if you could contact me by Email or Phone i can surely provide you at very best price.

My Email Address and phone No. +918905697711.

post #13 of 14 Old 02-01-2013
post #14 of 14 Old 02-01-2013
Reward for lost Kraken!

Raza you are replying to messages posted in 2004. And ignored since.

One hopes you check the repack and expiry dates on those second-hand rafts more closley. There have been more recent discussions on the pros and cons of older life rafts and the problems of international shipping of them.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.