Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: spare anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Brian,

Thank you for answering my question concerning our information and if it is shared with manufacturers or other entities.

I agree with this and would add, Thank you for helping yourself out financially (After all this is not charity work you are doing for us sailors)

Comparing this to Bob Perry posts where there is no financial sponsorship or gain is a joke. I also dont ever remember finding or anyone finding inconsistancies in Bob Perrys posts.

If this is refering to my questions, I am asking simple questions about this company not criticising it. I would hope that normal questions which can be found in many threads similar to this does not evoke censorship because it is one of the vendors who contribute financially to Sailnet.

Here are my questions again. These are simple questions, easily answered. I will try to explain my reasoning fore asking them as it appears not to be obvious to some replying to this

Where are the anchors made?
- Their was great criticism of one of the new generation anchors when they moved their production to China and changed the metal content. There was no censorship associated with that previous thread

Why is the address a PO Box as opposed to where the anchors are made?-If there was a potential refund requested or problem all we have is a phone number and a PO address. We all know about boilerplate operations which work with offices in suites with phones who disappear in the middle of the night leaving people holding the bag. Just recently we had this suituation with a sail making company in which an large thread was generated without censorhip on here

What corporate name is your business registered under? Are you listed by the Better Business Bureau? I can find no mention of you.
- Both of these questions relate to the legitamcy of the company and again protection for the potential consumer in purchasing. These are not out of line extrodianary questions, nor are they critical of the company

-What grade of steel do you use? Obvious question to compare with other new generation anchors ROCNA and Manson Supreme. I cant find these specs in the literature.

Lastly,
There have been inconsistancies in what Mantus posted and who is employed by them. It is their own posts which has caused some to question the companys statements. They said they were only giving a 25% discount to Sailnet members. This was not true whether intentional or not.

Not all of their posters have identified their contacts or position with the company which was pointed out by someone replying to this thread. This violates Sailnet policies whether intentional or not

I would like to purchase this anchor and am asking the questions. These questions may be what others may already ask or want to know also. I did not expect this thread to generate so much negativeity.

Mantus, can you answer my four simple questions ( so we can move on from this) and I can feel confident in purchasing your anchor!!!!!!!
Jesus, Dave! I feel like me and the other mods and Sailnet and Mantus all came under both barrells from you. I realize you cannot inflect tone in a thread, but Jesus!!

Ok, my POINT on the Bob Perry thing was not where Bob did things wrong, but that he did them right. Hes fun to have around and participates in all kinds of things. However, he COULD be on here sneaking in a "Let me design your next boat" kind of thing. But... he doesn't. I am not comparing Bob Perry's knowledge to Mantus. I am comparing what one person heavily involved in the marine industry that posts here (BP) does that is great and others (not Mantus, but I will leave them unamed for now) do wrong. I thought it was a great comparrison.

And regarding that bit about suggesting we will cesure you because Mantus has a vested interest... what was the last time we did that? But quite candidly, both as a member and a moderator, I am more apt to give the Mantus' of the world the benefit of the doubt than I am others who try to be sneaky.

I have not seen this read sky persons thread and that is BS if true. Maybe it is?? But that does not mean Mantus told her to do it. Maybe he should have gone back and clarified it, but hey, I screw things up on here all the time too.

I am not trying to take sides just because the guys is a paying vendor here. Quite candidly, I have no dog in that hunt. However, as stated before, I am more apt to believe a guy that at least tried to follow the rules here and support the site than many other well-known vendors that intentionally screw us out of it. Intenionally!!

Go easy on the guy fellows. I swear that if I was him, I would feel like I was facing the Spanish Inquisition. Hopefully the guy comes back.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Chef and geoff,

I just read back through the post.

Red.sky should have released her affiliation with the company. We all agree on that one. I am putting a signature on her.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Guys, I added her signature.

ALso, I am off to finish home schooling for the day. I will try and check back in on this later.

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-17-2012

Alternate Latitude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff54 View Post
This really relates to the “Let's talk about anchors some more” thread on the Seamanship forum but as the issue is being discussed here, this is where I thought I would post.

It makes me suspicious when I see a new member, Alternate Latitude, who has one post, praising Mantus, especially when there are certain things within that post that don't quite sound "right" … so, as I can’t go sailing right now, I though I’d look a little closer.

S S of Alternate Latitude used to own of a medical equipment supply company.
Greg is a physician.
One of S S business addresses is Seabrook, TX
Mantus address is PO Box 1109, Seabrook, TX 77586 (BTW it always makes me nervous when a commercial entity only uses a PO Box as an address).

Hmmmmm!! Well, maybe it’s all just coincidence. What do you think?

Opinions? Am I completely off base?
My Name is S S and YES, you are completely off base. I feel a little violated but understand that you can find a lot of information on the internet given enough time and energy. If you must know I have owned several companies, all located on the East side of Harris County, which encompasses Houston and the surrounding communities including Seabrook. One of my ex business partners address is actually the address in Seabrook. We used that address as our business location as I was out sailing in the Bahamas and Caribbean on a vessel called Anchor Management(feel free to look that up, great boat name but in no way related to Greg or Mantus).
I am not in any way affiliated with Mantus Anchors, period, end of story. I liked the anchor, told Greg this and he asked that I post something here on Sailnet. I thought I could also get some advertising for my charter business so why not. However I wasn't able to post the link but you can look up Alternate Latitude if interested.
I am not interested in continuing this discussion of whether or not I am involved with Mantus, I AM NOT!! If you would like more information about my personal life, my business interests or anything else for that matter I would ask that you contact me directly before making public assumptions. If you would like my lawyers info I can help you there as well.

EDITED BY CD: REMOVED PERSONAL INFO

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 09-17-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-17-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Latitude View Post
My Name is S S and YES, you are completely off base. I feel a little violated but understand that you can find a lot of information on the internet given enough time and energy. If you must know I have owned several companies, all located on the East side of Harris County, which encompasses Houston and the surrounding communities including Seabrook. One of my ex business partners address is actually the address in Seabrook. We used that address as our business location as I was out sailing in the Bahamas and Caribbean on a vessel called Anchor Management(feel free to look that up, great boat name but in no way related to Greg or Mantus).
I am not in any way affiliated with Mantus Anchors, period, end of story. I liked the anchor, told Greg this and he asked that I post something here on Sailnet. I thought I could also get some advertising for my charter business so why not. However I wasn't able to post the link but you can look up Alternate Latitude if interested.
I am not interested in continuing this discussion of whether or not I am involved with Mantus, I AM NOT!! If you would like more information about my personal life, my business interests or anything else for that matter I would ask that you contact me directly before making public assumptions. If you would like my lawyers info I can help you there as well.
Gosh! Talk about touchy. I hope that I never bump into you in the BVI.

You did post the link and I did look it up. But I just posted a few easily verifiable facts and invited people in general and Greg in particular, to comment.

But wait! How did you know about this? Of course, your buddy Greg must have asked you to post again. I accept that you are not affiliated with Mantus and I apologize if I have slighted you but the gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.

edit: fixed a typo

EDITED BY CD: PERSONAL INFORMATION

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 09-17-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-17-2012

LinekinBayCD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Latitude View Post
My Name is Steve Schlosser and YES, you are completely off base. I feel a little violated but understand that you can find a lot of information on the internet given enough time and energy. If you must know I have owned several companies, all located on the East side of Harris County, which encompasses Houston and the surrounding communities including Seabrook. One of my ex business partners address is actually the address in Seabrook. We used that address as our business location as I was out sailing in the Bahamas and Caribbean on a vessel called Anchor Management(feel free to look that up, great boat name but in no way related to Greg or Mantus).
What statement did Geoff54 make that was inaccurate? I read his comments to suggest that your post were not totally independent and it seems he was correct.
Old 09-17-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Would everyone just chill out. Its starting to sound like some want to hold the Post Office responsible for sending them junk mail.

Its pretty clear that Mantus is owned by a Doc who sell anchors as a side line. Low budget internet sales. Yes, perhaps there was some exaggeration. Yes, we may not have been the only place that was offered a discount. Do you think if you call in the next 10 minutes that that offer of cooking knives is really being held exclusively for you? Nothing new here.
MedSailor likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 09-17-2012
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road

Wait, you can't stop it now - the mysterious Red.Sky has not made an obligatory appearance and given an entirely rational justification for her actions...
Old 09-17-2012
Best Looking MALE Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff54 View Post
Gosh! Talk about touchy. I hope that I never bump into you in the BVI.
In all fairness, Geoff, you just posted all his personal information (accessible through active searching or not) in plain view and basically accused him of Sock Puppeting for Mantus. I'd be a bit upset too - especially if it were not true. How would you feel if he just did the exact same thing to you? I'd be pissed! How many other members here post their full names on here, addresses, previous businesses, etc?? You are more than welcome to post yours. Good for the goose, and all that. Just don't post others.

BTW, I am deleting all the personal stuff.

Brian

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 09-17-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

american frog--- yes to bruce--is good for the sea floors found on west coast and will work for you looong time, as long as is the genuine bruce. for mexico and kali you have rocky bottom with mud and sand, bruce is perfect for the combination.
MedSailor likes this.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

Tags
anchors