Not a Member? 

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road
Re: spare anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
In all fairness, Geoff, you just posted all his personal information (accessible through active searching or not) in plain view and basically accused him of Sock Puppeting for Mantus. I'd be a bit upset too - especially if it were not true. How would you feel if he just did the exact same thing to you? I'd be pissed! How many other members here post their full names on here, addresses, previous businesses, etc?? You are more than welcome to post yours. Good for the goose, and all that. Just don't post others.

BTW, I am deleting all the personal stuff.

Brian
No problem, Brian.

Everything that I posted was put in the public arena by the people concerned, either on Sailnet or other public postings on the web and is freely and easily available.

Anyone who wants to search for anything that I have posted anywhere in a public place on the web and re-post here, you have my express permission.

Geoff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Jesus, Dave! I feel like me and the other mods and Sailnet and Mantus all came under both barrells from you. I realize you cannot inflect tone in a thread, but Jesus!!-Cruisingdad
Aw common Brian, let me remind you the advice you gave me once...its only the internet''
Dont get so worked up and take your lords name in vain, its not worth that. After all its only he internet. We all know this isnt real world. I an suprised to see you go after me in a public thread, but I guess you are angry that you may have spoken in haste about Redsky and having it pointed out

In your anger you must have read what I said wrong...I wasnt at all criticising Bob Perry, who I have tremendous respect for and owned one of his designed boats and Islander 28 for years. I have heard him speak many times at seminars. One of the true gentlemen of sailing who can combine knowledge. experience and humor. You after all brought his name into it and I said there was no comparison to an honest man ( who doesnt try and sell anything in his posts) and the inconsistancies in the Mantus posts.

I am not attacking any moderators on here with both barrels, so dont bring all your friends into this. I have huge respect for all of them as well as you. We may not always agree, but dont make it personal. No need to assemble your forces here. I look to you guys to make sure that ALL people follow the rules of posting on here whether they are paying for ads or not. Its up to us to point out sometimes when we think there is a problem and for you and the other moderators to look into to it vs going into the defensive mode and ascribing intentions to people.

Brian, it was you who put yourself in the position of defending that the post by Redsky
Quote:
Regarding the poster who did not put her affiliation in her signature, I will see what I can do about that. That has to be done. I suspect that is an oversight on her part. Crusingdad
- It was no oversight.

I am questioning Mantus as people have questioned other vendors such as Rocna, Tartan etc. I have no agenda other that I want to maybe buy there anchor as I have said over and over again or doesnt that count.

I suggest you let this go as it serves no purpose or benefit for the site to make it personal. Feel free to call me if you feel the need to discuss further. You have my phone number. I dont want this to ruin our friendship.

Now pleaase, back to the topic of the thread. Would Mantus please come back and answer my realistic questions. Thats been my intention....to get information on this anchor and the company.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 09-17-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2012
Goin' sailin'

americanfrog is on a distinguished road

Wow. Thanks all for the input. Storage is not an issue (very large accessible lazarette on the transom). I think am going to stick with a Bruce -- actually have one that i can pick up easily. Not partaking in the controversy on this thread, but duly noted regardless.

thanks all.
MedSailor likes this.
Old 09-17-2012

blt2ski will become famous soon enough

Time to get the crappola about mantus into a thread of its own, not one asking about another style of anchor as a stern or backup or equal as the OP has asked about.

marty
Old 09-17-2012

Geoff54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Time to get the crappola about mantus into a thread of its own, not one asking about another style of anchor as a stern or backup or equal as the OP has asked about.

marty
Yep, I think we owe the OP an apology for derailing his thread. Sorry Americanfrog!

BTW Brian - You missed Secret Squirrel's name and website on his original post - where this all started.

Geoff
Old 09-17-2012
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I suggest you let this go as it serves no purpose or benefit for the site to make it personal. Feel free to call me if you feel the need to discuss further. You have my phone number. I dont want this to ruin our friendship.

Now pleaase, back to the topic of the thread. Would Mantus please come back and answer my realistic questions. Thats been my intention....to get information on this anchor and the company.

Dave
Ok Chef, I'll join for a round of fistcuffs myself as I have a point of order.

The original topic of the thread was NOT your questions. The original topic was what anchor would be suitable for PNW waters for a second anchor. I agree that you should give the doc a break here. I read this thread this morning (about 12 hours ago) and I just got back from my clinic and you've asked him to respond more than once in that time. He did post and say that he was about to go on shift you know, and I've worked in Emergency Medicine and know that world can be brutal! He might be sleeping right now.

For anyone who is interested, especially the OP, I will be (weather permitting) taking my Mantus anchor out and testing it this weekend. It might be of interest because I'll be testing it here in the PNW where the OP will be sailing.

Best Regards,

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.

Last edited by MedSailor; 09-17-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Fixed Typo
Old 09-18-2012
Goin' sailin'

americanfrog is on a distinguished road

hey medsailor, thanks and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-18-2012

Marcel D is on a distinguished road

Wow Dave im in horrible disbelief that if you have a problem with a felo sailor promoting a better anchor that keeps me and my falmily off the beach is a problem. If so you are on the wrong site maybe a legal site is best for you. We are here to help each other out, and that is it. Maybe americanfrog has his foot in the door by the looks of things I want the same door. Any hope for me americanfrog I could do Canada PNW???? I can see alot of anchor changes with theses videos!!! anchor in future videos????
Old 09-18-2012

Mantus Anchors is on a distinguished road

OK, guys .... To be honest I don't even know where to start...
I applaud you on your homework... I guess?
Facts: Red Sky consulted as a structural engineer for us... She never received any compensation for her advice nor asked for any and I am thankful for her help....
Steve Schlosser, and may be other people in Kemah, Seabrook area tried to help out in promoting Mantus Anchors and I thank them for it. We are a close cruising community and I appreciate all the support.
This is sad that its getting to this point, but Mantus Anchors is me trying to make something happen with the help of friends. I have never tried to deceive anyone and find the accusations, well.......... . Mantus Anchors is an LLC registered in the state of Texas. PO Box is the address because we are saving on office space. The LLC in my name and I have no employees the company makes no money and is completely supported by my work in the Emergency Room. I work my butt off because its my hobby and I like what I do. My address is EDITED ADDRESS by CD Texas, my email and phone number are available to you as well.....
The Mantus Anchors are made in China, Mantus Hooks are made in Lufkin, Texas.
I have nothing to hide nor nothing to prove, if you think its a risk dealing with a private start up well you are right and have every right not to do business with us.
I don't think we have had a dissatisfied customer yet...
If you have a specific question about our product I will be happy to answer it, otherwise I don't feel I have any obligations to continue this conversation that I find disturbing...
Red Sky, Steve my apologies for getting you guys sucked into this...
Greg

EDITED OUT ADDRESS for VENDOR MEMBER PROTECTION

Last edited by Cruisingdad; 09-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Greg,

Thank you for posting and answering the questions. I appreciate your candor . I will be following up tomorrow over the phone to you. As I posted the idea of a new generation type anchor which can be stored and is made of good quality were of prime importance to me.

I noticed you were not on the list of vendors at the Annapolis Sailboat show in a few weeks. Will you be represented there?

Dave

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Tags
anchors