SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Fynspray Water Pumps

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rugosa 
#1 ·
I have a pair of Fynspray Lever Action Water Pumps (model WS-62C) in my galley. I need to install fresh gaskets. Problem is that each pump is attached to the underside of the counter with a single nut that sits fully and deeply in a recessed hole cut just for it. It's a really bugger to get at. I'm thinking I need an offset (really offset) set of wrenches. Or, am I missing a way to open it from the top? I know there are two rings to unscrew, but they don't seem free up the main pump shaft. Ideas?

Thanks in advance. I've posted a few questions on this site and got great advice.

#4 ·
I think the deep socket solution will work, so it's off to the hardware store again. My toolbag overflowth, and it is good. Beneath the pump is a simple hose and hose clamp, so that should come off easily. I tried giving the whole unit a twist from the top, but it would not give. I think I might bend or break something by twisting from the top. I unscrewed the door to the cabinet below the sink, so I can crawl in and get right under the sink.

Thanks for the advice.

#5 ·
I think the deep socket solution will work, so it's off to the hardware store again. My toolbag overflowth, and it is good. Beneath the pump is a simple hose and hose clamp, so that should come off easily. I tried giving the whole unit a twist from the top, but it would not give. I think I might bend or break something by twisting from the top. QUOTE]

Tools are good, the more the better, just in case, you know:D. Some pumps (and other fittings) have a pin or something like that cast in to the bottom of the fitting to prevent it from turning after installation. Your pump was installed with the bolt/nut method and definitely should be removed same way - albeit from a tiny locker that you have to slide into on your back, turn 37 degrees, and have an able minded assistant standing by that understands what that thingofjig tool you just asked for is and can hand it to you in the right direction. Thank goodness for clamp lights, you will only need 3 hands for this job:laugher

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.