Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-25-2013

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Anchor Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus Anchors View Post
This is an interesting question, that we get a lot... Roll-bar does not affect stting ability... In-fact, it can be used without the roll-bar, there is a possibility of the anchor flipping upside down after hitting a rock for example in such case the anchor will not set and the roll-bar protects against such event...
I have used the anchor for a year with 100% success rate on setting without the roll-bar....
Roll-bar only serves this function, flips the anchor into the correct orientation. It was an earlier prototype, before we decided to put the roll bar on.....
Sorry it's taken so long to ask a follow up question, but I've been away for much of the last few weeks and this topic slipped my mind.

My question is, wouldn't this occurrence (anchor flipping and not being able to dig in) be just as likely with a CQR or a Delta?
Downeaster 38 #40

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-25-2013

Mantus Anchors is on a distinguished road
Re: Anchor Wars

Sure thing, Delta and CQR often drag on their sides: Test Videos | MantusAnchors
But they have the possibility of setting, they are designed to dig in that orientation.

However, a Mantus or a Rocna or a Manson Supreme or a Bruce for that matter, if upside down are rendered useless... The Roll bar reorients the anchor into the right position for setting....

Given that Mantus has really wide ear tabs the likelihood of it flipping upside down is low, but exists... so we recommend to use the anchor with the roll bar and you will have a reliable and immediate SET in any terrain.
Greg