SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Interlux Perfection Varnish (2 part)

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mikehoyt 
#1 ·
Interlux has renamed their Interthane Plus Clear 2 part paint to Perfection Varnish. Ok now that''s done ... I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer...

1. Refinishing old hatchboards formerly finished with Cetol Light. Have sanded down mostly to bare wood but some Cetol residue will still remain. Can I apply Interthane Plus clear over this or will the remanants of the Cetol cause it to fail? (remembering that 2 part paints need a primer if applied over existing one part or enamel paint - and there is no such thing as a clear primer).

2. Anybody know if Interlux Goldspar 95 Clear Varnish is a rebranding of a clear coloured Brightsides?

3. Anybody use either of these products on hatchboards or tiller handles and how long did they last???

Thanks

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.