Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-18-2013

redx is on a distinguished road
Engine Mount needed.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and am restoring a boat which is powered by an inboard diesel engine. I'm posting this message because I am desperate to find a particular brand of engine mount to replace one I inadvertantly destroyed when trying to remove the mount's siezed bolts.

The engine mount I am after is called a "Globe Ever-Stay Motor Mount". They were made by Globe Rubber Company but I'm told that company no longer makes engine mounts, so I am having trouble finding a replacement. The Ever-Stay mounts come in several sizes and have the size number stamped on them such as M5, M6, M7 and so on.

Mine is the size designated as "M5" and it's dimensions are - 1.5 inches high, 2.5 inches wide, 4.5 Inches long, centre stud is 1/2" diameter with engine bed hole centres at 3.25 inches. I found Ever-Stay mounts advertised on Defender.com, a US marine dealer's website, but the mounts advertised are too large and they tell me they are out of stock anyway.

I tried adding an image of the mount to this post but I'm not permitted to because my post score is too low. A google search using the term "Globe Ever-Stay Motor Mounts" will bring up a link to an image on the Defender.com website.

My engine is a 2qm15 Yanmar Diesel but the Ever-Stay mounts are not genuine Yanmar mounts. I have looked at alternatives but they all have different dimensions to my M5 Ever-Stay mount which means I would have to make major changes to my engine bed, and that is a job I am hoping to avoid.

If anyone knows where I might be able to find one of these engine mounts, in size "M5", I would be very grateful.

Thankyou,

redx.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook