Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013

bblument is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson 26 mast support

RHR...

Perfect! That concise, clear list lets me know exactly what I have to do; exactly what I was hoping to find. I can't thank you enough.

Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2013

karlos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to karlos Send a message via MSN to karlos Send a message via Yahoo to karlos

Hi got some pictures but don't seem to be able to send through sailnet.If you have a email I could send them to I could do that.I don't know how much good they will do you. Karl
Old 05-30-2013
Ticon 30

dbruce85 is on a distinguished road

I believe it is a common problem on the P26 ( still miss mine, she was an incredable sailing boat).
Mine was replaced before I had bought her, I believe it was replaced with solid maple.
Enjoy your boat!
Old 05-31-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road

If you have not already found it there is a Plastic Classic Forum here Plastic Classic Forum ? Index page

A wealth of useful info including much on the early Pearsons.
Old 08-01-2013

papalearn is on a distinguished road

Hi I am a new pearson 26 owner and in march I replaced my mast support beam. I too had the door replaced with a curtain but I did get the old solid door . I used solid white oak for the new support. The local marina when they rewired the mast drilled in to the side of the support and put a s/steel pipe in the support and the previous owner had injected large amounts of epoxy into the support to fix the rot.
Old 08-04-2013

bblument is on a distinguished road

Just following up. I've got the whole thing taken care of. New laminated white oak beam, new white oak compression strips, new russian birch plywood bulkheads (edges sealed w/ epoxy, faces with 7 coats of spar varnish), new mast wiring, holes through deck for wiring and mast step bolts lined w/ epoxy and chamfered, mast step plates sealed w/ 4200, mast completely rewired, gooseneck for the wires made from bicycle innertube attached to riser on mast step to prevent water from even reaching the wiring passageway in the step and deck... came out great! I have mast lights! A strong, solid support for the mast! An attractive cabin (well, at least this part!). Thanks to everyone for all of your great help. I've attached a pic. Still a few trim pieces I'd like to add to cover the small spaces between the bulkheads and compression posts, but not bad if I do say so myself.

Best to all..

Barry
Attached Thumbnails
Pearson 26 mast support-beam-posts-bulkheads.jpg  
Grcesq likes this.
Old 08-05-2013

rhr1956 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblument View Post
Just following up. I've got the whole thing taken care of. New laminated white oak beam, new white oak compression strips, new russian birch plywood bulkheads (edges sealed w/ epoxy, faces with 7 coats of spar varnish), new mast wiring, holes through deck for wiring and mast step bolts lined w/ epoxy and chamfered, mast step plates sealed w/ 4200, mast completely rewired, gooseneck for the wires made from bicycle innertube attached to riser on mast step to prevent water from even reaching the wiring passageway in the step and deck... came out great! I have mast lights! A strong, solid support for the mast! An attractive cabin (well, at least this part!). Thanks to everyone for all of your great help. I've attached a pic. Still a few trim pieces I'd like to add to cover the small spaces between the bulkheads and compression posts, but not bad if I do say so myself.

Best to all..

Barry
Good job. Lot of work but looks well done.

Tags
compression post , rot

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.