SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Eldridge v. App question

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JimsCAL 
#1 ·
We sail out of Groton, CT and have both an Eldridge book and the Buoy Data app. The tide data for both they are VERY different. For example, according to the Buoy Data app the max high tides today at the New London Harbor entrance are 6:53 a.m. and 7:28 p.m. When I look in Eldridge for Noank (which is within a few miles of the New London Harbor entrance), it says 2:05 before Bridgeport which equates to 2:56 a.m. and 3:33 p.m. That's obviously a huge difference.

People swear by Eldridge so I'm inclined to go with the book, but am I doing something wrong? Anyone sail in that area who can tell me what they use/which area they reference in Eldridge? Perhaps I should be using a different app?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.