Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2004

blackhat is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

There seems to be some confusion about the marquis Bible verse posted for June: Luke 11:9-10 - Ask & it will be given to you (see #11), seek & you will find, knock & the door will be opened to you (see #4), everyone who asks receives, etc. (see #3). DockWitchAlmighty and your GM (Grass Mower) would like to point out certain exclusions:

1. Right to receive mail at your legal residence.
2. Freedom to gather publicly on docks w/out hassle.
3. Right to not have your marina $ used to provide free coffee, pastries (even the stale ones) & newspapers to anyone off the street.
4. Audience with GM
5. Background checks on recently hired RPM & bait shop employees.
6. A "Ritz Carlton" overnight. Takes time to run off & replace boaters, but ahead of schedule on the running off part
7. Cell phone for nighttime security guard
8. Respect when expressing concerns to DockWitchAlmighty
9. Dock repair, reliable pump out, fire system up to code, bathrooms properly supplied & cleaned
10. A Profit & Loss Statement for RPM for 2003.
11. A copy of RPM''s owner''s earnings for 2003.
12. Number 10 & 11 as they relate to dock rents & fees collected
13. Number 10 & 11 as they relate to marina improvements
14. Restored peace in the marina. That is tantamount to expecting world peace.

Our next Bible verse will be "Do unto others.....others.....uh, I forget. Do unto others is good enough.

A box will be provided in the bait shop for submitting your favorite scriptures. Remember, folks, "Blessed are the peacemakers.....oh, that was covered in #14.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-03-2004

sadie14 is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

Good job, blackhat!

I''d like to nominate the following bible verse for next week:

Matthew 6:24
No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Old 07-03-2004

DockDemon is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

My dear dock witch,

Take heart and do not listen to the jealous ungrateful people on this list. You are doing a wonderful job. Why, I know of at least 15 boats that have left the marina ONLY because of you!

Your arrogance is truly inspiring. How you so easily ignore logic and disregard reality is breathtaking. Keep up the good work and soon all those bothersome customers will be gone.

They complain about bathrooms. Hah! Let them use hoses on the docks to shower. They complain about the docks. Let them fall through.

Anybody with some level of competence could manage to keep the bathrooms clean and maintain a marina. It takes a certain genius to give away free newspapers.

And to think you had no relevant experience? Who needs it? Your ability to anger anyone you talk with is worth its weight in baitfish.

The best part is how you manage to keep the GM from understanding there is a revenue side to the balance sheet. Someday, Harry will figure it out, but by then you''ll be off on your next adventure. How about a day care center? Children are easy to intimidate.

Your admirer,

DD
Old 07-09-2004

follyman is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

People like her have accidents all the time. You should help her along. Quit bitchin and take her out!!
Old 08-05-2004

soaringwind3 is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

It''s do unto others before they do it to you LOL! You are right again blackhat!
Old 08-06-2004

dblatnik is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

They are getting rid of the nightime security guard, why bother getting him a cell phone.

Someday, they will have cameras, but no on will be watching. So there will be no one to hear a call for help, no one to disuade people from breaking into boats, no one to call the fire department, no one to call the police. In the morining the tapes will be reviewed, and boatowners will be told they need to come down and assess the damage.

No security is good enough.

Women won''t be attacked in the dark of the parking lot.

Homeless people won''t camp out on the island or in the parking lot.

No one will violate the no-fishing rule in the marina (except the marina employees who fish regularly).

In fact, I think this is such a good idea - getting rid of security - that I think the city should get rid of the police force, and put up cameras. And the county, .... Maybe this will be the solution to Homeland Security!
Old 08-06-2004

Regatta Pointe Marina

I had not heard that they were getting rid of the security guard! That is the most ludicrous,assinine thing I have ever heard! I guess the women in the marina can go buy AK47s'' when we have to leave in the dark to go to work or just out for the evening. But we should be thankful somewhere in the distant future we will have cameras! So after you have been molested they can maybe find out who did it! Of course we might not fair that well...Gee our marina keeps getting better and better! Yes I want to keep throwing my hard earn dollars away! Just wait till the leases'' are up!
Old 08-09-2004

dblatnik is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

Lack of night security...hasn''t happened yet, but it is just a matter of time.

Oh, and don''t put a lot of faith in the cameras identifying who attacked you. The cameras will be on the buildings, not on the docks. I mean be fair, do you want to protect the boaters or the real estate? Well, what do you think they want to protect?

Time to sign up for that self-defense class
Old 08-10-2004

nastybilge is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina

soaringwind3 - you don''t have to wait until the lease is up. Just tell the witch you''re unhappy there and she will let you out of your lease. She did it for some who have already left.
Old 08-14-2004

Regatta Pointe Marina

Hi Nastybilge! Let us out of our lease????She should pay us to live here! I mean look at the hurricane preperations Friday! I heard people asking who was here in charge for the people who were going to wait it out and our fearless marina people had walked the docks (looking very official) LOL and then high tailed it out of here! The dockmasters at the other marinas stayed put and said they were not abandoning there people or their watch. There was no real preperation because they did not know what to do! We all worked together and with the luck we are here to complain! It would be nice to have someone in charge like Tom and Kathy and we could have our marina back!!!!!