SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing Partner Needed in Philadelphia Area

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Sixpak 
#1 ·
If you are interested in sailing any week end this summer, I am the owner of a 22 ft. Catalina sailboat and could use someone to crew….throwing ropes and docking, etc. My wife has recently become unable to accompany me and I do not go out alone. I am docked in Riverside, N.J. on the Delaware River. We could fish, if you wish, or put up the full sail and jib. Please message me if interested. I hope I am posting this in the right place; if not, please redirect.

#2 ·
Welcome to SailNet! There are quite a few in the Philadelphia area so you might have some luck.

Unfortunately, you don't yet have enough posts or been a member long enough to receive PMs so you'll have to provide contact information. You might want to set up a gmail email account for the purpose if you are wary of giving out your regular email.

Good luck.

Reactions: jimgo
#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to SN! Your actually on the Rancocas Creek, very silted in for bigger boats but Winters sailing center seems to do okay despite the muck. Have you thought about learning to singlehand? C22 is a easy boat to sail and a great racer. I sail my O30 alone quite often.

There is;a national sailing org. https://www.catalina22.org/

Also you may be happy to know the C22 is almost a cult of owners they are so well loved.

Reactions: newbie139
#5 ·
Welcome aboard! You aren't too far from me. I'd be very interested in going out one day, either on a weekend or after work. I'd like to see what sailing on the Delaware is like. Once you get your post count high enough, send me a PM with your contact info?

I'll also second Denise's comments about singlehanding. I had a C25 and singlehanded her regularly. It isn't as much fun as going out with others, but it does get you time on the water.

#10 ·
Hello? Is the OP still paying attention to this thread? I have no sailing experience, going through a mid-life crisis (upper 40's) and decided that I wanted to learn to sail. I'm available most evenings (typical M-F job and get off work at 3:30...) I could be in Riverside by 4:00. I'd love to do a Saturday but I'm utterly committed to a bunch of non-sailing related events thru the month of June. I'm off July 5th though!

I've actually been considering purchasing a C22. I'm fun, curious, want to learn everything about sailing and will bring enough beer to share.

-Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.