美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送
Join Date: Sep 2006
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Visit to Beneteau Factory
Originally Posted by simplicite'
I recently ordered a Beneteau Oceanis 34. I had the opportunity to visit the building site in Marion, SC on Friday and got to see my hull in the production line.
I thought I would share some of my observations:
1. They have a continuous improvement process - even an ideas board where the production staff puts up ideas to improve the process. And they use it. It had ideas on it! This is reviewed daily.
2. The precision of the equipment that cuts the wood and fiberglass is very precise with little room for human error.
3. The QA process is quite extensive. i.e boats float in pools and get "rained" on overnight to check for leaks.
4. Staff is extremely knowledgable and passionate.
5. I had a special requests, I met with the production team and they were happy to accommodate it. (unusual for a production builder)
Overall, I was very impressed. I was able to see my boat and most of the systems before it all get walled in. I recommend a visit to anyone interested in a Beneteau or Jeanneau.
The waiting for my new boat is even harder now!!
I am not surprise at all. After all, they are the mot successful boat maker in the world. It is hard for the small time stick boat builders to compete in terms of cost and quality.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.