Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Almost free boat

Again, I see some deals out there that be the ticket for Yacht ownership. Its how I found mine. Just need to spend the money to get it inspected by a pro before the sail is over...

Take a look... let me know what you think.

1971 Mariner 31 Sailboat - GovDeals.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-13-2013

QuickMick is on a distinguished road
Re: Almost free boat

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Quinn McColly
Macgregor Venture
Old 06-13-2013
First String

Yea I here ya... I'a $4,500 dollars into mine. It can be hell. And there are some good deals out there. Better to let a pro inspect it first. Then figure if you want a boat or if you are trying to make a buck. In my case It was / is a labor of love. And a 25 year old DREAM come to life. Got to love it...
Old 06-13-2013
Learning a bit every day

FinallySailing is on a distinguished road

Hi, there are some worrying points listed on the "boat inspection form", that are not shown in any of the photo's. It states "major damage to deck" and "cracks in dash/floor". You really ought to get to have a look at the vessel personally, take lots of pictures. Take somebody with you who really knows about the costs and difficulties of boat repairs. I wouldn't invest in a surveyor unless you are then really really sure that this is your boat and you don't mind loosing out the money invested if you are not the high bidder at the end. Also, as this is an auction, the price may well go up quite a lot. In deed, only today it went from its starting bid to $2000. There are still 18 days to go in the auction ...

Last edited by FinallySailing; 06-13-2013 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Typos :)
Old 06-13-2013

Captainmeme is on a distinguished road

Cracks could just be the normal spider web cracking of the gel coat. Its worth taking a look at her if you live nearby.
Old 06-13-2013
First String

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallySailing View Post
Hi, there are some worrying points listed on the "boat inspection form", that are not shown in any of the photo's. It states "major damage to deck" and "cracks in dash/floor". You really ought to get to have a look at the vessel personally, take lots of pictures. Take somebody with you who really knows about the costs and difficulties of boat repairs. I wouldn't invest in a surveyor unless you are then really really sure that this is your boat and you don't mind loosing out the money invested if you are not the high bidder at the end. Also, as this is an auction, the price may well go up quite a lot. In deed, only today it went from its starting bid to $2000. There are still 18 days to go in the auction ...
Yea I dont think I'll bid on it.
Old 06-13-2013
1934 Chickering

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

Just listed! LOL ..." Vessel is in need of clean-up and repair" WTF does "cement lined" hull mean? It's a whitby http://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?fa...56&acctid=1426

My boat is for sale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-13-2013
Learning a bit every day

FinallySailing is on a distinguished road

C'mon, nothing a bit of diy can't fix . I first thought they meant ferrocement, but looking at other listings of the same vessel I think they were made of fiberglass. Guess they mean the thick and hardened fouling amd barnacles ?
Old 06-13-2013
Old enough to know better

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallySailing View Post
I don't know what to think of the inspection form it says the boat is 30' 10" long and 25' 6" wide, that is a wide boat! Does not look bad for a very basic boat, but it is already bid to what I think it is likely worth and is still not to the reserve price.
Old 06-13-2013

adki110 is on a distinguished road

That HIN is for a Florida homemade boat.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.