this ad has gotten better.. - SailNet Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 06-15-2013 Thread Starter

this ad has gotten better..

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/3865918501.html

The distressed owner has updated his ad. Getting more details. He still wants someone to pay him for a grounded, broken sailboat.

Anyone want to go halfsies with me?? Lol!!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-15-2013
Learning a bit every day

Re: this ad has gotten better..

I actually feel sorry for the vendor if his story is true. Haven't most of us at least at some stage thought of finding that "perfect" project wreck to catapult us into boat ownership or to help us climb the ladder to a much bigger yacht ?
Jgbrown likes this.
post #3 of 19 Old 06-15-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

grounded broken sinking sailboat... good luck.....

oh, wait!! i HAVE that....rodlmao...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 19 Old 06-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallySailing View Post
I actually feel sorry for the vendor if his story is true. Haven't most of us at least at some stage thought of finding that "perfect" project wreck to catapult us into boat ownership or to help us climb the ladder to a much bigger yacht ?
Yeah, we get postings on this forum pretty regularly from people who have decided--like this guy apparently did--that they are going to buy a piece of junk and that it will be a quick, easy, cheap way to get a boat. And then, if we try to tell them the truth about what it is that they are getting themselves into, someone else is sure to come along and accuse us of "bursting his bubble" or "killing his dreams" or being "naysayers" or something else like that.

Some people desperately NEED to hear someone say "nay!" I'm guessing that the guy selling this boat wishes dearly that before he bought it, someone had been blunt and truthful with him about what he was getting into.
davidpm and overbored like this.
post #5 of 19 Old 06-15-2013
Reward for lost Kraken!

Madiera Beach: Resort town. At some point someone is going to haul it away and hit him with the haulage, cleanup, disposal fees. Of course $1300 to get it into the yard and then pay resort storage rates until he can get it carted away...

The great thing is that someone in that area will probably snap it up, cut it apart, and use it as a hot dog stand.

When boats die of abuse, do they automatically go to boatheaven?
post #6 of 19 Old 06-15-2013 Thread Starter

The way it is sitting, it wouldn't surprise me if the water was just coming in through the ports. He doesn't seem to have a grasp on the situation. Some smart feller is going to end up with a pretty nice boat for little money if they can get it out of there. Obviously, the seller aint a smart feller. Lol
post #7 of 19 Old 06-16-2013
Kayaker/Dreamer

Looks like the boat's up to $227.50 on ebay... Link
post #8 of 19 Old 06-16-2013

I feel for this guy...we have all made stupid purchases in the past. Heck, I make a stupid purchase at least once a month

I do wish he had the sense to just put up a salvage ad and walk away though, I am embarrassed for him when I read this ad.
post #9 of 19 Old 06-16-2013
big dreams, little boat.

What a dork. If this guy was clever he could use some plastic 55-gal drums and plenty of line to float it away. Toss one over the port side and fish the rope under to starboard. Then use an onboard winch to get the drum to help float her. Repeat all over. Maybe I shouldn't be posting this and showing what a hayseed I am. I am sorry, Sailnet, I have no shame. ~LL
P.S.- Or he could use those same drums flooded with seawater and some garden hose connecting them and get them all around the hull. Then toss a bilge pump in one to displace the water from them and float the boat! By the way, I've been watching MacGyver lately.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow1193 View Post
The way it is sitting, it wouldn't surprise me if the water was just coming in through the ports. He doesn't seem to have a grasp on the situation. Some smart feller is going to end up with a pretty nice boat for little money if they can get it out of there. Obviously, the seller aint a smart feller. Lol
what kind of smart do you have to be to what to spend several thousands to rescue a boat that is not worth anything.
this guy owns a boat and he can't even pay the 1200 to get is pulled of the beach and hauled out . you are right he is not the smart one, or maybe he thought he was the smart on you speak of.

"FULL TILT II" 2011 BENETEAU FIRST 30
"FULL TILT" SOVEREL 33
"GOLD RUSH" PRINDLE 16

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.