Oh boy ... there are quite a few false info here, fear mongering perhaps?
Here are my takes:
1. How would human can survive for so long without bottle water.
2. No circumnavigate sailors or world cruisers rely on bottle water on their boat.
3. I eat Sushi, raw clams, raw oyster, bloody steak, including pu55y regularly. Tap water is the least of my fear.
4. I fear of weather and instrument failure far more than the tap water from the tank since I can fix the problem before I head out to the sea. The water tank can't create something from nothing, know your hygiene.
5. I got all A's in microbiology, chemistry, human physiology, internal medicine, biochemical clinical pharmacology and toxicology. I use these knowledge every day in my career. I don't believe in marketing hypes.
6. There has been many reported cases of water bottle recall due to filter contamination with benzene and other chemicals, for example Perrier water.
7. Don't confuse with the personal preference with "Must have". They are different.
8. Just because Europeans drink bottle water, it does not mean we (North America) need to follow.
9. I drink water from a well so is my family. We have a septic tank too
If drinking bottle water makes you feel better, by all means. Please do not imply that you love life more than I do. Unfortunately, the act of buying bottle water in a routine basis makes me sick to my stomach. It is so environmentally unsounded.
I don't fellow the society hype or trend. I am a independent thinker.