SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Sailrite (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/100757-sailrite.html)

jimgo 06-24-2013 04:49 PM

Sailrite

I can't find the "Reall Good Vendor" thread, so I had to post this as a separate post. If any of the mods wants to move it/delete it, that's fine, but I wanted to pat Sailrite on the back. I'm making a bimini, dodger, lifeline pads, and other "stuff" for my new-to-me boat. I've been ordering piecemeal as I need stuff, which of course adds to the cost because of the separate shipping bills, but I haven't really found a way to avoid that because I am doing my own design modifications (adding a zipper for the backstay and windows so I can see the sails, for example) and I sourced the material from elsewhere. Anway...what tends to happen is that I get to go to the boat on Saturday and take all the patterns, then Saturday night and Sunday I start transferring the patterns into something I can actually start to cut out and sew. It's at that point that I start to address issues like how many zippers I'll need, what length/kind they should be, etc. That usually wraps up by Sunday night around 11:45 PM. Then I sit down at the computer and order all the "stuff" I need. I've done this 3 times now, and every time Sailrite has managed to ship my order the next day (Monday), which means that I usually have the "stuff" by Wednesday evening. That usually works out perfectly, because I start cutting fabric and sewing other pieces and I'm not usually ready for the Sailrite "goodies" until about Wednesday anyway.

I've done this three or four times so far, and each time it worked out fine. So, last night I sat down and placed my most recent order, and by lunch time I was expecting to receive my "normal" E-mail from them saying the order had shipped. When it didn't come in, I thought maybe something was wrong, so I called them. The rep was very nice (despite the fact that she was dealing with an insane customer who was demanding to know why his order hand't shipped less than 12 hours after it was placed), and explained that they had a large volume of orders this past weekend, and that my order should ship by Wednesday. I was heartbroken, because I was really counting on things progressing as they always had, but at the same time, a 2 day turn-around on an order really wasn't bad. She said they could expedite the order if I wanted to go with the faster shipping method, but that would have tacked on almost $35 to my order. So, I decided I could always do with a few "quiet" nights at home and maybe getting to bed before 12:30 AM wasn't a bad thing, and I went about the rest of my afternoon.

Guess who just got an E-mail from Sailrite saying his order shipped!?!? Yeah, it's me. Looks like I won't be getting much sleep again this week. :)

I was happy with them before, but after today I'm VERY happy with Sailrite. Their prices are reasonable on most things, they have a GREAT selection, and their customer service is top notch.

TejasSailer 06-24-2013 04:57 PM

Re: Sailrite

I am also a fan of Sailrite for sewing supplies, customer support and "how to" information but prefer industrial sewing machines. The Sailrite forum is also a quite responsive resource for sewing qustions.

Sailrite Forum