SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   looking for crew (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/101-looking-crew.html)

lastunicorn 08-29-2000 12:04 PM

looking for crew

I live on a Vancouver 36 in Fort Lauderdale Fl. I want to cruise the Bahamas in Jan-April of 2001 but need to have crew (my husband died in Dec. ''98). Please contact me if you have any interest in this area.

vern 08-29-2000 06:18 PM

looking for crew

Hi Lastunicorn,Just read your message on the sail net message board. I live in Charleston,S.C.and would be interested in going to the Bahamas for a few months. I''m single,retired from civil service,56yrs old,5''-8", brown hair/eyes. I have had a 28'' power boat since 1985,but sold it last week. I have since bought a 1979 Irwin 37'' center cockpit sailboat. Dont know much about sailing,but plan on learning. If you think that you might be interested,e-mail me back and we''ll take it from there,Vernon

asilverman 09-09-2000 06:55 PM

looking for crew

My wife and I are experienced cruisers. We sail a Pearson 33 in Lake Michigan april-Sept and have spent 2-5 wks during each of the past 5 yrs sailing in the Caribbean. We are just finalizing our plans for 2001 but would be interested in talking with you about 2002. We look forward to hearing from you.

cwood33 09-11-2000 05:03 PM

looking for crew

Crew Wanted: Chesapeake to Palm Beach FL. On Private Piolot House Motor Sailor. Leaving Earl Oct. 2000. Shering some out of pocket costs. Please Call 301 986 5609

cdc 09-11-2000 07:08 PM

looking for crew

Hello. I have 21 yrs experience and have been teaching sailing full time this past summer. I am 33 yrs old and looking for winter sailing opportunities. This past winter I spent 3 months offshore sailing from Muscat Oman to Antalya Turkey. this trip took me down the Arabian Sea and up the Length up the Red Sea. I have 5000 Sea Miles and quit my "REal Life" jobs to pursue sailing as a way of life and career full time. Please contact me if this suits your needs or please pass on my info to friends.
thanks for your time.
Dave Creelman
Bye for now!

hiatus 09-18-2000 05:47 PM

looking for crew

Hello-
I''ve recently sold my C&C33, and am retired. I NEED to cruise. Am thuinking of chartering in the Cheasapeak in Oct. I''d love to spend some time cruising the Bahamas. Don''t think I could take the entire time of your cruise, but would consider a part. Extensive 45 year sailing/racing/cruising experience (including teaching).

alajuela38 09-23-2000 03:07 PM

looking for crew

Hello,

I''m currently cruising single-handed aboard my Alajuela 38 in Southeast Alaska. Before long I''ll need to put her away in a safe place for the winter and head south to warmer climates. I''m going to Mexico in December but I have to say that a few months in the Bahamas aboard a sailboat sure sounds good! If you are interested in discussing this more please contact me at alajuela38@aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

MJF 09-30-2000 10:43 AM

looking for crew

Hellow
Lastunicorn!!! I almost gave up the search for you, glad to see your well!!
I`m 56 years old semi-retired UK resident,with a love of boats and sailing.Perhaps we could share an adventure together.The Bahamas sounds good to me, looking forward to your reply.
kind regards Mike

Seabuilder 10-02-2000 06:28 AM

looking for crew

Retired Ft. Myers liveaboard ( on Morgan 382) planning to sail to Mexico, Belize, and Honduras in Jan 2001 for 4-5 mos. cruise. Looking for 2-3 experienced sailors, men and/or women, to go along and share expenses.

JRPetersen 10-02-2000 01:07 PM

looking for crew

Your posting in sailnet caught my attention. If you need crew (or know someone who does), I just started a 12 month sabbatical from my corporate job. I''m a seasoned coastal cruiser and club racer, experienced on yachts up to 50 feet. I''m self sufficient, good natured and capable. I want to gain additional experience this fall before buying a boat next spring. Please feel free to e-mail or call me 616 849 1408.