Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: I want a nautical tattoo :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulladh View Post
"The modern person who tattoos himself is either a criminal or a degenerate. There are prisons in which eighty percent of the inmates have tattoos. People with tattoos not in prison are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats."

Adolf Loos; Ornament and Crime (1929)

So RockDawg are you a degenerate aristocrat?
Well, I don't know what I am anymore. It is not becasue I am senile or depressed; it became irrelevant in this stage of my life. I have achieved what I said to do more than 35 years ago to my parents and later to my wife and children. We would raise our children the best way we know how and we would shape them to become a good citizen of the world. I was and still is a good provider to my family and a good mentor for my employees. I have given my very best work to clinical research to improve the quality of lives of others. Although I must say without my contributions, I am sure others would fill my place. But at the end, it was still my effort, it was still my signature in the reports I wrote found in the US FDA archives.

I changed my priority from "Family, Career and Pleasure" to "Pleasure, Family and career ($)". Children are grown. They are too busy to fight for a place in the society that will propel their career to surpass their old man's achievement. Some day , I hope i will hear them say: "Daddy, you suck. I have done better". . It will music to my ears that my children are better than me.

Growing up in Hong Kong, I spent endless hours watching the ships go by in Victoria Harbour. I was dreaming about the ocean. Father told me that there is a secret tunnel connecting China to America becasue there was a little boy lost his shoe, it was found floating in NY harbour later. And America was so fascinating and beautiful. Now, sailing to HK is within my reach.

I have never had an urge to have a tattoo, I didn't like anything on my body. I don't even wear my wedding band the day after our honey moon. As i grow older, my childhood love of the sea grows stronger. I used to swim non stop 6 to 8 hours without any floating device. I know the HK water so well just by looking the bottom of the sea floor. I belong to the water and the sea. I want to get back to the sea where I belong. I want a tattoo to remind me that becasue I can.

I know exactly who I am.

Thanks for reading.
SolSailor likes this.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-02-2013
Owned by Velcro

Ferretchaser is on a distinguished road

Get a tat of a chicken, cow even a musk rat but not anytthing nautical or marine related as it is usually a lot more expensive to get anything boat related. That starts with grease and does not end at tattoos
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Old 07-02-2013

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Thanks for the input

I like this one. Good potential.
This trident is great. It is both simple and elegant.
Old 07-02-2013

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Well, I don't know what I am anymore. It is not becasue I am senile or depressed; it became irrelevant in this stage of my life. I have achieved what I said to do more than 35 years ago to my parents and later to my wife and children. We would raise our children the best way we know how and we would shape them to become a good citizen of the world. I was and still is a good provider to my family and a good mentor for my employees. I have given my very best work to clinical research to improve the quality of lives of others. Although I must say without my contributions, I am sure others would fill my place. But at the end, it was still my effort, it was still my signature in the reports I wrote found in the US FDA archives.

I changed my priority from "Family, Career and Pleasure" to "Pleasure, Family and career ($)". Children are grown. They are too busy to fight for a place in the society that will propel their career to surpass their old man's achievement. Some day , I hope i will hear them say: "Daddy, you suck. I have done better". . It will music to my ears that my children are better than me.

Growing up in Hong Kong, I spent endless hours watching the ships go by in Victoria Harbour. I was dreaming about the ocean. Father told me that there is a secret tunnel connecting China to America becasue there was a little boy lost his shoe, it was found floating in NY harbour later. And America was so fascinating and beautiful. Now, sailing to HK is within my reach.

I have never had an urge to have a tattoo, I didn't like anything on my body. I don't even wear my wedding band the day after our honey moon. As i grow older, my childhood love of the sea grows stronger. I used to swim non stop 6 to 8 hours without any floating device. I know the HK water so well just by looking the bottom of the sea floor. I belong to the water and the sea. I want to get back to the sea where I belong. I want a tattoo to remind me that becasue I can.

I know exactly who I am.

Thanks for reading.
Sounds like something like this might be in line with what you're looking for.....

[IMG][/IMG]
rockDAWG and shadowraiths like this.
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Old 07-02-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

Wait til you get to French Polynesia..In the MArquesas there are a few really talented artists. get something original that tells of your journey. The island of Ua Pou would be a good place...
shadowraiths likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 07-02-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Get a small spike, a railroad spike. Get it in memory of my beloved son Spike. I was going to get a Spike tat but I really don't need one to remind me of Spike.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 07-02-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about

Old 07-02-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Poseidon?

shadowraiths likes this.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-02-2013

shadowraiths is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Poseidon?

Omg. Hilarious... and a tad, scary. o.O lol
Old 07-02-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Poseidon?

Smack, how the hell you find this one?

It will be funny if the CG come onboard and ask: Captain, how many are on board?

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.