Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

This is SailNet. It's about SAILING of all types: Daysailing, cruising, racing, dinghy sailing, picnic sailing, whatever. It's all good. Who the hell cares if someone has "a huge hole" in their "sailing resume" that hinders their "sailing career?" That judgmental stuff is just silly, and makes people reluctant to post for fear of being ridiculed - or psychoanalyzed.

Dave's a good guy who will give you the shirt off his back. He hosts his picnic out of kindness, and nothing else as far as I can tell. Lay off the guy.
chef2sail likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-08-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
I see something different in your sailing resume - a huge hole, despite a lot of time spent on the water. It appears you have allowed the tremendous fear you experienced on your second Transatlantic crewing experience to stymie your personal growth as a sailor. While you have spent a lot of time sitting on your boat and others, you have never really tested your personal ability and character ever since that scare. All the internet bullying in the world does not change that obvious avoidance of personal growth in your sailing career.

I now understand why you feel so threatened by solo sailors and those who approach sailing as a personal challenge, instead of a social activity. The mystery is why you would feel so proud of your perceived role as the SN "enforcer". I assume the mods encourage you in this role because you perform some useful function in organizing the get-togethers and shilling for the sponsors?
Well with comments like this is is unimaginable why you wind up sailing by yourself.
chef2sail likes this.
Old 07-08-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Somewhat uncalled for James. For mine it falls short , though not by much, of outright abuse but a tadge over the top nonetheless. Do remember this is not the sewer.

As for Dave being a Mod Squad undercover attack dog .... you assume incorrectly I'm afaraid buy heck well that should raise a chuckle at the Mods Club as we sit around the fire sipping our Qunita do Noval vintage Port and smoking our Monte Christos.

Cheers

Andrew B

ps - In reality I know nothing much about Port or Cigars so please no lecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
I see something different in your sailing resume - a huge hole, despite a lot of time spent on the water. It appears you have allowed the tremendous fear you experienced on your second Transatlantic crewing experience to stymie your personal growth as a sailor. While you have spent a lot of time sitting on your boat and others, you have never really tested your personal ability and character ever since that scare. All the internet bullying in the world does not change that obvious avoidance of personal growth in your sailing career.

I now understand why you feel so threatened by solo sailors and those who approach sailing as a personal challenge, instead of a social activity. The mystery is why you would feel so proud of your perceived role as the SN "enforcer". I assume the mods encourage you in this role because you perform some useful function in organizing the get-togethers and shilling for the sponsors?

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 07-08-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
As for Dave being a Mod Squad undercover attack dog .... you assume incorrectly I'm afaraid buy heck well that should raise a chuckle at the Mods Club as we sit around the fire sipping our Qunita do Noval vintage Port and smoking our Monte Christos.

Cheers

Andrew B

ps - In reality I know nothing much about Port or Cigars so please no lecture
I fell of my stool when I read it also Andrew....glad it made you chuckle
I like Monte Cristos...try a Cohiba once in a while if you can get them.

Cheers,

D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner