SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Let's hear you favorite moment this summer (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/101255-lets-hear-you-favorite-moment-summer.html)

northoceanbeach 07-10-2013 09:18 PM

Let's hear you favorite moment this summer

Summer is either half done or just getting started depending on where you are. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

If you had to pick one memorable moment this summer what would it be? Anything from watching your boat at anchor while eating a nice dinner on a balcony to a party at a yacht club or a sense of accomplishment seeing a project you did successfully completed. Maybe you keep your boat on land in the winter so the excitement of that first splash. A perfect day of sailing nowhere. A favorite place.

I don't have one moment that stands out so I willl choose the weather. Two weeks ago. Maybe three the sun came out and it hasn't left yet. That is what I like best. The perfect weather. And knowing its only the beginning.

erps 07-10-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Let's hear you favorite moment this summer

Sitting on the beach with a nice campfire July 4th watching the fireworks on shore with a belly full of fresh caught dungeness crab and a cold beer and vacation hasn't even started yet.

blt2ski 07-10-2013 10:04 PM

Since summer started june 25 or there abouts, has until sept 25 or there abouts to end, not much of a summer so far! But July 4 at fishermans bay on lopez was just fine and dandy! Racing starts tomorrow night for 7 weeks.......then the booby race aug 17 still in first place as I type this, with last years winner half a bouy away! labor day at ludlow.......race or two in sept, FWB 1st sat in oct.....oops, now I am into fall.......styc fall regatta oct 19th, day after b-day! then its t-line 2nd weekend in november....snocrummy in early dec......not even winter yet! still fall! lots o phun coming up!

Marty

northoceanbeach 07-10-2013 10:06 PM

Ah. You should have told me you were there. I would have seen you.

polaris2.11 07-10-2013 10:22 PM

Hard to choose, but last weekend sailing a fast reach for 7 hours, full sail, following sea (oddly, wind had shifted from E to S, headed W) was some foin foin sailin. Surging well over hull speed every few sets. Neutral tiller. She was sailing herself.

Day 161 on our little Hunter 23.5, and she's showing us new things. To look at her, you wouldn't think she had it in her.

blt2ski 07-10-2013 10:22 PM

I was at the end of the dock! had my winston pirate flag up! same as in my handle pic! got in mid day on the 4th, left early on saturday to head home. I was between a BIG sea ray, and a Jeanneau DS44, which was south of a cat 42 mk II and a cat 320! not sure what was north of them. Probably part of the sea ray owners group that was up there. My YC had 43 boats, pretty much the whole south part of the main dock.

I do recall a couple of crazies that were trying to sail in the harbor, hope you were not one of them. One boat in our group grounded and lost two props!

Marty

bljones 07-10-2013 11:00 PM

summer has barely started. to offer a "best moment" now would by like reviewing a movie based on the title crawl.

T37Chef 07-10-2013 11:15 PM

If April 7th qualifies in your book as summer, I would have to say the sound of the new engine firing up for the first time. It was especially sweet because we stored the boat on the hard for two years to save enough money to buy it. Another was the recent completion of an upgrade to the battery systems. As for sailing, this past holiday wekend was pretty spectacular on the Cheesy, great winds and clear skies all week, not even one thunderstorm until Sunday night ;)

gmengg 07-11-2013 01:47 AM

One of the best moment in summer of mine is sitting with my loved one at beach till late evening.

yetavon 07-11-2013 07:37 AM

involving water or boats? would have to be taking Our 18 month old grandson for his 1st ride in a kayak. he loved it, and hope I can top it with a sailboat ride when I can finaly get the boat here....