SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Great White spotted near Key West

5K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  poopdeckpappy 
#1 ·
#39 ·
TE,

My research involves the ecology, evolution, and biomechanics of marine organisms. I have also done some work in wetlands delineation and restoration, and in estuarine and marine fisheries biology.

I don't interview marine biologists, I am a marine biologist. If you can't comprehend the difference, there is no need to continue this discussion.

BTW, Bruce Halstead has a very mixed reputation among actual marine biologists (and that's putting it mildly). He wrote some quite popular books, but is scholarship was always pretty sketchy. It was even sketchier in his biomedical "stuff" (see here).

#40 ·
Once again, anyone who does not agree with the slowBS'er has a sketchy background and reputation, how many times are you going to try to fly that BS? What I continually notice about the slowBS'er is that he thinks he is the only person on the earth with an opinion worth listening to, and only those who agree with him are found to be credible. Of course he is full of it, and he is slow, so we take pity on the mentally ill and mentally challenged and give him a pass on some things.

He is a source of some mild entertainment with his constant boasting about his credentials and abilities, too bad he is wrong about so much, so often.

He is just really a pitiful guy.

#41 ·
I saw Jaws when it came out 3 times.That summer sailing to Maine I saw LOTS of Sharks, mostly small Blues,but one huge thresher shark, judging from the Long upper tail fin.In Rockland I saw a boat similer to the Orca in the movie.I asked the guy on it if they ever caught sharks,He said it was what they mostly harpooned those days, the occasional swordfish.Then He asked me in a thick Maine accent if I had just seen 'that movie'.I said I had,"All hollywood BS" he said"Shaahks dont jump up on bo-atts".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.