Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004

blackhat is on a distinguished road
Regatta Pointe Marina - Rezoning!

Rezoning has been approved for the Regatta Pointe Marina property!

A historical marker will be placed at the entrance of the old site telling the sad tale of decline - how the once long waiting list to get into the marina turned into a long waiting list to get out of the marina; that the rotted docks that once held fun, impromtu dock parties were dismantled, chopped into firewood and sold to condo owners across the street; that prospective slip dwellers were successfully directed away from the broken down marina through the boaters "grape vine" which turned out to be more powerful and respected than the tyrannical DockWitchAlmighty & GM (Grass Mower) and Hypocritical Harry.

The proud Mayor of Palmetto will preside over the dedication service of the historical marker. Refreshments will be provided by the Ritz Carlton.

The proud Mayor of Palmetto will also use this opportunity to announce plans for an amusement park to be developed on the site: La La Land

Your Dock Witch Almighty, GM (Grass Mower) and Hypocritical Harry are in a job re-training program.

DockWitchAlmighty will appear in the sideshow as the bearded lady, will set up a "ladies only" kissing booth, give flying lessons on her broom, manage a surplus store where dinghies can be purchased for $1, and bait fish will be sold in styrofoam cups for the kiddies. It will be her wicked, evil cackle heard in the funhouse, recorded while padding the monthly electric bills.

Your GM (Grass Mower) salvaged the ferns that grew from the pipes of the inadequate fire hydrant system beneath the docks. He will expertly put them into pots and hang them in the fairway. He will appear as Dancing Bear, trained by DockWitchAlmighty. His application to run all food concessions is being considered.

Hypocritical Harry will most often be "spotted" in his Cash Cow costume in remembrance of milking boaters dry. As a master of distortion, he will be in charge of placing the mirrors in the funhouse. His application for cashier has been denied.

Displaced boaters as The Dock Dancers will demonstrate special steps learned while tripping on the docks.

And, last but not least because of his dedication to his responsibilities, the Palmetto Fire Marshal will be making special appearances in his clown costume armed with his squirt gun.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2004

thorJ30 is on a distinguished road

I read with interest the developments of this marina I am so far away from and have no interest visiting...

However, I feel it gets a little silly !

Its a free world, just take your boat and move on. A few of my friends had problems in our marina , we just moved on to greener pastures. 30 boats later the old marina owner is more bitter than he already was, but we all do not care all too much about this, as we have found a place which apreciates our dockfees ( albeit a little higher ) and treats us like paying customers.

Take advantage of the freedom and move.

Thorsten
Old 07-26-2004

DockDemon is on a distinguished road

Yippee! We have finally acheived our plan. The uniformed, and perhaps too hopeful, thought maybe we were pulling the wool (oh, I just love those sheep) over HH''s eyes. Little do they know he is in on the plan.

Now that we got rid of those nasty boaters and can tear down the docks, he gets to ... wait a minute. What does he get? Oh, well, I''m just a little demon. What do I know?

Ta Da

P.S. to those of you bored with these messages -- don''t read them. To those of you affected by the turmoil created by the awesomely ignorant and laughingly arrogant DWA and GM: enjoy a bit of black humor.
Old 08-05-2004

soaringwind3 is on a distinguished road

Hi I have read all the posts regarding Regatta Pointe Marina and believe me it is all true! They have now advertised for a Dock manager! After they got rid of the two wonderful people that were running the marina! Instant karma going to get ya!!! LOL
Old 08-05-2004

Well i guess the newspaper made a mistake! The ad was wrong! called the number and they want someone to work the dock hahaha.. Darn!
Old 08-06-2004

nastybilge is on a distinguished road

Did they get rid of anyone to create this new dock position?
Old 08-06-2004

Nope. It was a broker who had the job offer and it was to work on their docks for the boats they have for sale. The paper I heard got it worded wrong. The dock master is still here and also the customer relations woman.
Old 08-07-2004

BigRed56 is on a distinguished road

Ahoy ,Dis ere pirate is getting about annoyed wit de likes of ye children and iffin ye ain''t got something to say about sailing please go away. Iffin ye nit wits wot got so much time on yer hands , why don''t ye anchor and live aboard in a restricted city and challange de law or just plain try to be more contructive wit yer lives by sailing outten dem stinking marinias. Me vessel ain''t got one one hundreth of the value of most marina yachts and I and me vessel seen more sea miles that 90% of ye combined. Go sailing!!!
Old 08-10-2004

nastybilge is on a distinguished road

BigRed56: As previously and eloquently stated:
"to those of you bored with these messages -- don''t read them. To those of you affected by the turmoil created by the awesomely ignorant and laughingly arrogant DWA and GM: enjoy a bit of black humor. "

The folks at RPM are doing what they can to overthrow bad "government", they don''t have the same arsenal you did.
Old 08-11-2004

Well Nastybilge, Now we have to prepare for a possible hurricane with a dock crew that knows nothing! How safe does that make you feel? Good thing we have enough of our own who know what to do!