Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

RD,
Look at it as a learning experience. Now you know how to fly a chute.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-12-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Well, one thing's for sure. This thread is on track to become one of the most popular ever on SN. That's gotta say something about the nature of the story.
Minnewaska likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-12-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Well, one thing's for sure. This thread is on track to become one of the most popular ever on SN. That's gotta say something about the nature of the story.
And nobody's boat sunk. Unusual for a SailNet feeding frenzy to start without blood.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
Old 08-12-2013

ShoalFinder is on a distinguished road

But perfect fodder for yet another episode of "SailNet Self-Appointed Board of Inquiry"

I read half the posts and imagine the poster in coat with tails and powdered wig
Old 08-12-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"powdered whig"
Love it! Isn't that what the cannibals eat when they run out of cruellers and Tories?
Old 08-12-2013
Water Lover

Location: New Mexico, USA (Heron, Elephant Butte lakes); Arizona (Lake Pleasant)
rgscpat is on a distinguished road

Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, wouldn't Amy of Scottsdale's Amy's Baking Company make a fantastic crew boss for Harry and Jane?
jephotog, mjf55 and bljones like this.
Old 08-12-2013
TROUBLE

RTB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Almost as good as a Ronnie Simpson thread.

I do miss the players here. Are they done? rockDAWG and Jake seem to be on the same page. I doubt that they put much effort into getting their stories straight between themselves before posting. More likely, that's the way it was aboard.

Where are Harry and Jane? No comments?

Too bad the crossing sucked! I can't imagine what an awesome experience it would be to sail to Hawaii under better circumstances! Truly, Paradise as the destination! I've been there.

DAWG, you've got balls to post this one considering the enemies that you have here at SN. Thanks again for the thread. I think many readers learn one or two things from threads like this. Maybe not the chest-thumping "experts". No, they just kick you like you are a stupid dawg! Basically, call you a liar! Pretty sad, really.

Ralph
| sailing away with R & B
smackdaddy likes this.
Old 08-12-2013

jephotog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgscpat View Post
Speaking of Gordon Ramsay, wouldn't Amy of Scottsdale's Amy's Baking Company make a fantastic crew boss for Harry and Jane?
RDs description reminded me of that episode. Foreign screaming boss and his screaming clueless spouse.
Old 08-12-2013

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road

I go away for a week and this thread has degenerated to posting bikini shots of marsupials? Has RD and “Jake” left the building? Too bad, there was still a couple of things I wanted to go over (and none of it mutiny related). I looked up the track on YellowBrick and everything was looking fairly good until the halfway point. The Jeaneau generally positioned herself on the southern edge of the fleet and consistently south of the Rhumb line (the faster boats all were on a more northerly track.) I could see the occasional “bump” in the road where I’m assuming Harry was wraping the kite. In Harry’s defense, these “bumps” didn’t appear to be nightly or for “long” durations. Looking at the tracks from the other boats using the same scale showed similar “bumps”.

Where “Aquarius” took the flyer was at the halfway point. The track shows two gigantic swings to the south, often with headings of 180* true. Both swings looked like close to a day in duration each, (Was “Harry’s watch 12 hours long?). For a few days, the boat was all over the place. (and not always heading towards Hawaii). You probably lost a couple of days doing all that gyrating. In what looks to be your last persistent course change to make for Hilo, you were north of the rhumb line and positioned to fetch Oahu which would have been your quickest course to land (albeit, you probably had to sail the boat right on her polars which undoubtedly would have been hard for Harry but equally as hard for the AP.

Let’s Go, do you have a track of the trip that shows the days? Perhaps you can upload it along with some notations of what went on and when? I am still fascinated with the notion of no fixed watched schedule. How was this done? You drove the boat until “Harry” came up and relieved you? And Harry drove until a wrap or he decided it was RD’s turn?

Smack, we now have to cite our credentials before we are allowed to post? You, of all people are the official screener? What do I need to post in order to qualify? Perhaps not so diplomatic, Sal does offer valuable information on what the conditions are really like out there and how things are done. Sal, are you racing YRA this year? I’m on Azure in the HDA and Party Circuit. What is your ride?

Holding our Trophies from the '08 PacCup

Our Track (12 days - good enough for 2nd place!)
chef2sail likes this.

Last edited by GeorgeB; 08-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgeB For This Useful Post:
Grunthrie (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013
Dinkin' Around

Grunthrie is on a distinguished road

And in the blue corner, wearing the aloha shirt, wielding the right fist of reason... GeorgeB!
chef2sail likes this.