Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I see we have an alternate point of view on the water/AP and confirmation of the ranting and raving. That would get on my nerves.
As would hearing repeatedly the mantra "Sailor is not a noun, but a verb" get on mine :-)
abrahamx, GMFL, MarkSF and 2 others like this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-21-2013

weinie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
As would hearing repeatedly the mantra "Sailor is not a noun, but a verb" get on mine :-)
It's not a mantra, it's a way of life. It's traversing the inequities of finely tuned wind foils while wearing sea boots and cleaving a path and trying not to break a leg in bed while resting in a tropical paradise... or something like that.

Last edited by weinie; 08-21-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-21-2013
Splashed

JomsViking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinie View Post
It's not a mantra, it's a way of life. It's traversing the inequities of finely tuned wind foils while wearing sea boots and cleaving a path and trying not to break a leg in bed while resting in a tropical paradise... or something like that.
Thanks for the clarification
Old 08-21-2013

Coquina is on a distinguished road

Wow - this boat was FULL of crazy
If that really is "Jane", I think a 10 minute conversation would have had me swimming for shore. I am starting to think they all deserved each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefacts View Post
We had reason to believe that Dawg and Jonah(jake) were scuttling the water, to justify their violation of FCC title 14 regulations in calling PonPon. We caught The Dawg washing his eye glasses under running water for several minutes, although Windex, was stipulated as the solvent to use. At anytime they could have verified the on board water in the hold, as well as the bottled water. They never asked.
Quote:
There was 25 days worth of water on board. Crew could have verified by dropping a line and sinker into the holds to check! They never asked to!! 1.5 liters bottled was to drink on deck, and was supervised only after numerous partially drank from bottles were discovered. Jake had left water bottles scattered everywhere. We had reason to believe they could not be trusted not to skuttle the water, to avoid the FCC Title 14 Regulation Violation. Further the 1.5 liters wasn't punitive, it didn't include the beer, wine, soups, and juices consumed. How about that, not such a sexy story, heh? Jane
Quote:
Water issue pure fable. Could have been verified by Dawg and Jake (Jonah) but they never asked. The insurrections being more frequent, and the scuttling of water etc , the Captain decided to resign the race, and off load our mutineers'. Much to my, Jane's (not a girlfriend but business partner) protesting in favor of sailing the course. 'such an evil thing to do, I know!'
Quote:
SMACKED IN THE HEAD DADDY, What are you about. Deserve sanctity? He was the reason all had a chance to 'live the adventure'.
Quote:
SMACK IN THE HEAD DADDY!! YES in your pc world all skippers should have the temperament of Cruise Directors. And crews should not be expected to do anything uncomfortable, the Skipper should be grateful for their ungrateful company only. Jane
Okay, Jane, admit it. You think I'm hot. It's okay. I get that a lot.

As for your posts...

1. You seem to say you have no proof they were "scuttling" water - yet you take punitive action against them because you were convinced of this strange FCC plot. Did you see them scuttling water? If not, you might have been seriously overreacting - which would be in line with their complaints that you guys were seriously overreacting.

2. thefacts....The fact that Jake asked Harry to top off the tanks before leaving the dock, and the fact that Harry did not makes your argument that they didn't ask about how full the tanks were, or check them themselves, a bit weak. The water issue, and/or the communication thereof was on you and Harry. You guys blew it.

3. Harry was the skipper. Being a skipper means a lot more than just being an owner giving people a nice opportunity to "live the adventure" or even a nice cruise director. Think Stubing instead of Julie. In my opinion, the way this whole thing turned out points first and foremost to Harry's poor skippering (and potentially your poor advisement in and co-management of the situation). Bad decisions before and during the race. Remember, sanctity is a participle, not a dangling adjective.

As for the rest, I can't wait for SalNichols to show up and support you and Harry. That will be fun.

Sal?

(PS - Sal said you guys had 18 days of water. You say 25. You really shouldn't disagree with Sal. Remember...sanctity.)

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 08-21-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans

After reading this entire thing I am fairly sure I would have thrown everyone else over the rail and told God they died.
GMFL likes this.
Old 08-21-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

thefacts, Jane, whomever:

Please stick with the facts of the race as you see them. The moderators thought this thread would be a good learning tool for others. It is not the place for you to insult the forum members.
steve77 likes this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-21-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
thefacts, Jane, whomever:

Please stick with the facts of the race as you see them. The moderators thought this thread would be a good learning tool for others. It is not the place for you to insult the forum members.
Ah, c'mon, I don't mind a little insult here or there. As long as it doesn't get too personal, it's just a bit of spice in the gravy.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-21-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Ah, c'mon, I don't mind a little insult here or there. As long as it doesn't get too personal, it's just a bit of spice in the gravy.
I know you can take care of yourself but the posts read like just the wind up. I don't want the gravy to burn. The moderators are ready for a post full moon break.
MedSailor and smackdaddy like this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-21-2013

krisscross is on a distinguished road

You can actually learn a lot about a person just by counting the number of exclamation marks in their posts.
-OvO- likes this.