Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1048Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Pfft. I think SMackdaddy needs some more experience offshore.
Heh-heh. No. Way. In. Hell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
I guessing we'll ever see it, but if nothing else, it might be enlightening to hear what an "un-detectable Jewish New Yorker accent" sounds like :-)
Quote:
HEHEHEE! Ah, now THAT was funny!!!

Brian
I thought so too....LOL. I wrote this part on my iPhone while Jake was sitting next to me me. I showed to him, he said he like that. So that is how the story was recorded. In the hardest time, we found humor in every situation to keep us alive and balance.

We had good laughs in the most unpleasant time, we have come good friends, although I did not know Jake's political viewpoint or I am with him on that front. I knew that he has produced an influential independent film, but I have not seen it or what it is about.

I will address some of you comments later. Thanks for your support. For those who have negative viewpoint against me, please keep it coming. I have you covered. My post is directly coming from my notepad in my iPhone. It is not written as a book, but rather a note to myself to remind me the key fact during my voyage to Hawaii. If I were you, I would not throw **** to others unless you walk in their shoes. It is about respect and human decency. After all, we are sailors, we have been humbled by the seas. Human drama is just drama !!!

Let focus on the positives, learn from this and be a better human being toward each other.

I will write about my takes on this later. It may be a while. I am preparing a trip to take a small boat from TCI to PR this weekend. There is lot of homework to do before crossing Mona passage.

Thanks again, Captains.
MedSailor and LoboPops like this.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 07-31-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Moon has not made her appearance yet. There are so many stars. Vega shines so bright on my right and North Star was dimly light starboard aft. Of course Satan is shinning above my head.
I think that was your main problem right there. When Satan himself starts shinning your head - nothing good's gonna happen.

DYAC!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Quote:
Im with ya. I thought the whole story very believable until he came out with the sushi bar owners making alfredo sauce. Come on? We;re supposed to believe that?
It was Jane made the alfredo pasta, Harry was sleeping. After all, We had not much to eat except the Ramen noodles laced with chemicals.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I think that was your main problem right there. When Satan himself starts shinning your head - nothing good's gonna happen.

DYAC!
Ooops. Saturn
smackdaddy and jimgo like this.

Fine Print:
Old 07-31-2013

Captainmeme is on a distinguished road

Rock, a link to Jakes movies showing Harry's rage, please. Or a picture of Harry's face in a moment of uncontrollable rage.
Old 07-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
It was Jane made the alfredo pasta, Harry was sleeping. After all, We had not much to eat except the Ramen noodles laced with chemicals.
Incredible! You know I was joking ya there Dawg!!

Great story. Would love to hear Jake's take on here!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-31-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road

Great story to look back on, you got there and nobody died but is sounds like it was close at times.

Taping the taps closed!
rockDAWG likes this.
Old 07-31-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
Rock, a link to Jakes movies showing Harry's rage, please. Or a picture of Harry's face in a moment of uncontrollable rage.
Here ya go!

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-31-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainmeme View Post
I sent a link to Jake and asked him to make his appearance on here. He may not have the video of Harry's rage, but I am sure you has plenty of recording of him.

Jake is currently in Mexico teaching a course. so his reply may be delayed.

Fine Print: