SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Tropical Storm SailNet Marching Up the East Coast (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/101997-tropical-storm-sailnet-marching-up-east-coast.html)

DRFerron 07-31-2013 01:57 PM

Tropical Storm SailNet Marching Up the East Coast

1 Attachment(s)
Well, at least as far as St. Simons Island, GA.

Melrna, wingNwing (and husband) and I are currently sitting pretty in St. Augustine, FL. It's storming now but the trip from Miami was fantastic. We headed out to the Gulf Stream and the current swept us up on Sunday at a steady 9 knots SOG. We sailed Sunday afternoon until around midnight when a whopping storm blew over. Monday and Tuesday was all motorsailing but The Most Female Moderator got to check off her list of sea creatures to see. There was a whale sighting but I can't confirm that.

Most importantly, we're all at different stages of boating (liveaboard to weekend sailor) and each of us learned something new from everyone else whether it was some new aspect of boating, boating life, navigation, weather, or how to do something differently and more safely.

And good lord the food has been incredible.

TS SailNet
(Captain Melissa and crew Jaye and Dan, Donna and Leif the Dragon)

smackdaddy 07-31-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Tropical Storm SailNet Marching Up the East Coast

Booyah!

DRFerron 07-31-2013 02:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More pictures before it's rum and wine o'clock and the internet gives out.

DRFerron 07-31-2013 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
iPad doesn't handle uploading photos well.

Cruisingdad 07-31-2013 02:20 PM

Hopefully the storms will settled down for ya. Go enjoy yourselves, but watch out for Jaye. I'm not driving up there to bail you out!

Brian

Cruisingdad 07-31-2013 02:42 PM

I want everyone to look at the pic of Dan very close. Is it just me, or does he have that look of, "GOD SAVE ME! I can swim back to shore... yes I can... I can make it..."

Poor fellow. That is a REAL trooper.

Brian

Dfok 07-31-2013 02:59 PM

ahhh - wake up to "Mutiny at Dawn" then on to tales of storm and fair winds, "rum and wine o'clock" before sundown.
Good day at Sailnet!

Resolute_ZS 07-31-2013 03:27 PM

Please tell me you're finishing up your Direct Deposit manual on this trip, Donna!

Ferretchaser 07-31-2013 05:15 PM

I nominate Dan for the peace Nobel prize. :)

RTB 07-31-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFerron (Post 1067235)
Well, at least as far as St. Simons Island, GA.

So....where to now? We anchored off St. Simon for a couple of days, intending to keep heading north. We moved to the Brunswick Landing Marina, and may hang here through hurricane season. The thunderstorms on this coast have been relentless! Too tired to fight any more....

Ralph

Temporary home | sailing away with R & B