Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By BarryL
  • 2 Post By Tim R.
  • 1 Post By rbrasi

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2013

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Ten years and Thank You to SaiNet

Hey,

Ten years ago I bought my first sailboat. Shortly after that I joined SailNet because I had A LOT to learn.

Since then I have become totally hooked on sailing. I gained much needed experience on that little Catalina 22 and since moved up to a Newport 28 and then to my current boat, an O'day35 (purchased in 2006).

I have made a lot of friends (both on SailNet and in the 'real' world) and had a lot of great times. I'm looking forward to much more of both in the future.

Thanks to all.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-01-2013

Tim R. is on a distinguished road
Re: Ten years and Thank You to SaiNet

Oops, missed my anniversary by a couple of months. Thanks Sailnet.

Back then it was a '76 Pearson 28-1, then in 2006 came the Ericson 35-3 and in 2010 the Caliber 40LRC.
smackdaddy and shadowraiths like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------------
Old 08-01-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough

Wow, you guys have been here a while! Congrats!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 08-01-2013
Legend in my own mind.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road

Wow 10 years.... Nice 2 foot itis you got there... or is that 6 foot itis... geesh

Yep I've been here since 2007... Funny as I'm pretty sure I lurked around for quite a while before I joined too. Back then I only had a Capri 14.2 (and had it for like 5 years)... but I upgraded in smaller increments... To a Capri 22, then now to the Capri 25. I've probably hit the plateau though as with the exception of a J/80 or Left Coast Dart I am likely done for now. I like our little lake (as it's close to me), and we are only late spring to early fall, and the boats have to be out. That means I have to trailer it, which means a LOT of work for my 4' fixed keel to haul out. Anything much bigger I would NOT be able to store inside to work on the boat (in winter) as well.

Regardless 10 years is a good run at it... and sounds to me like you've upgraded nicely over the years. I've been on an Oday 34, but not the 35... I was impressed with the build quality though, but then that was back in the 80s, they were still young (as was I).
Hull #68 S2 7.9 on our little landlocked puddle, Lake Wallenpaupack, PA, it's cheap, trailerable, and paid for.
Old 08-01-2013

rbrasi is on a distinguished road

I hope I can say something similar in 8 years.
shadowraiths likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.