Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: R i p wolfenzee...dammit

I am absolutely shocked and deeply saddened by the news about David. Its an odd thing about the internet, there are people you come to know to one degree or another, you may never get to meet them face to face, you may never know them beyond the portions of their lives and personality that they expose in small snapshots on the Internet. But yet, there are people who you come to know in more detail over time and to care about beyond being a name on a web page. Over time, David had become just one of those people. I had heard his story in small snippets and had come to root for him and his plans to sail down and be with his family. I got a kick out of his loyalty and love for his boat. I had noticed he had not posted for a while and had hoped that he had a nice sail down to be with his family.

So it's hard to imagine him gone, so young and with seemingly so much life ahead. Wolf I hope that where ever you may be, may you find peace and a fair breeze and a following sea. My thought and prayers are with you.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-11-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Skip:
Hope to see you at the Rendezvous. I promise if you make it that you and I will raise a glass to the Wolfer.
zeehag likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 08-11-2013

steve77 is on a distinguished road

I don't think I ever had any exchanges with Wolf, but I always liked his posts. And anyone who loves wolves is good people to me. RIP.
Old 08-11-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I'm sorry to hear of his passing, and wish him fair winds and calm seas. I hope his family can take some comfort in knowing that he touched many lives.

This is the first time that I thought the idea of an "unlike" button might actually be a good thing (no offense Zee)
1975 Albacore 15

Old 08-12-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road

I started in port townsend. I wonder if I met him. Too bad. Guess I'd like to go out on the boat. Better than some fates.
Old 08-12-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road

Wow, this is a big shock and I'm sorry that I never got to meet him in person. We talked a few times in chat since we both lived in the PNW. He's really wanted to get out of this region soon and I'm sorry to hear that he didn't make it. I was just thinking about him earlier today since I was considering sailing up to Port Ludlow (where he's been anchored out) this weekend.
Old 08-12-2013
s/v Tiger Lily

dvuyxx is on a distinguished road

When it comes to big lofty sailing aspirations, it isn't important that Wolf didn't get to make his big sail down to Panama. He was already out there doing it, making it happen ... And that is what counts most in sailing. Wolf, thank you for your contributions to this sailing community.
utchuckd likes this.
Old 08-12-2013

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post
He's really wanted to get out of this region soon and I'm sorry to hear that he didn't make it. .
Nah, he made it, he's under sail right now, nice fresh breeze, cystal clear water, spin fly'n, sun on his face, favorite bev in hand and all the time in the world.

SIP (sail in peace) our brother
downeast450 and zeehag like this.

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Old 08-12-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road

Fair winds Wolfie. Enjoyed your company, was hoping to share in your adventures.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Old 08-12-2013
Tundra Down

downeast450 is on a distinguished road

Wolfe, you added to every day's value. You sure took advantage of them. I pull energy for each granted day from the insights and dreams we all shared. Up and at 'm. I am sure you are, too. R.I.P. but keep busy!

Down