Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FirstCandC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013

FirstCandC is on a distinguished road
The 4th Sail- Fred the Dog, Fred the Frog, and Epic Heat.

Went 13 days without seeing my preciousss, so I was really ready to see her on Saturday. Somehow talked the wife into joining me for a "quick" visit. "Just a quick visit, honey, I know it is too hot to go out."
There was plenty of wind in the marina when we arrived, so naturally that promise went out the window. As soon as we arrived, Fred the Community Dog started barking, and swam over for a visit. He is quite smitten with our female pup, but I think she realizes that he has alterior motives, and abruptly put an end to his Leonardo/Kate Winslet sunset on the bow fantasy.

Then it was time to open the hatch. Not sure about you, but being a pessimist, I always EXPECT to see bad things, but just like every visit, the only thing I saw was Fred the Frog. I met Fred a few months ago on the trip up (He showed up in the cockpit locker). He is a cute little tree frog, and I feel he has brought me good luck. Despite releasing him numerous times, he always comes back. I know it is Fred, because he always blinks when I say "Fred". I released him again, went down to the bilge, and lo and behold, his brother Vern was sitting there! Anyone else have this problem?

"Honey, we should go out for a sail."
"But you promised you would take lessons first."
"Tell you what, we will just motor the whole time, the dog needs practice on the boat."
That did the trick. We motored out (the Atomic 4 ran great, which just makes my day), and across the river to get gas and a bite of food. It was HOT, though. This played into my devious plan, because now I was able to raise the mainsail for the return trip without complaint. The wind had died down, but I didn't care. Still learning sail shape, I probably always will, but again, I didn't care. There was some serious twist going on! We were sailing, and it was GREAT. We sailed about 5 miles, and then it was time to go.

Next time we will go further.. And post some pics!
DRFerron and PaulinVictoria like this.
Old 08-12-2013

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Re: The 4th Sail- Fred the Dog, Fred the Frog, and Epic Heat.

My 27' is strangely frogless, I do have the standard fit BBQ spider though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook