Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Tennessee
Thanked 31 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Discounts at Annapolis Sailboat show
This is the year (stop laughing) I finish out fitting 5'Oclock. I need (or want) a ton of gear to complete her. Some of the bigger items are:
1. refrigeration kit similar to Adler/Barbour coldmachine. I want ice cubes.
2. windlass, back ain't what it used to be
3. water heater, ran off engine heat
4. Electronic package, depth finder, VHF, AIS, maybe radar, thats still open.
5. Battery charging and monitoring via solar
6. pumps, bilge, galley and washdown.
So the question is this, are there deals to be had at the show or would I do better by shopping the internet? Did you get a great deal and if so would you share the details? We've been to Miami and Annapolis shows in the past but it was mostly to drool on the Farr 40s and Hallberg-rassy boats, not to purchase gear so pricing wasn't noticed.
And the trees are all keep equal by hatchet axe and saw...RUSH