Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW Single-handed (well almost) Part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Much as I loved reading your adventure.....your wife is a treasure. I was glad to meet her at the Rondevous. Feel fortunate you have the memories of doing once what many of us yearn to do once.

Going singlehanded was quite a feat and acomplishement.
I believe that Chef nailed it (except for his spelling). Be grateful for the opportunity, and the experience that you had in 2012/2013.

I would suggest that you talk through her concerns about your trip. I would also try to help her to find her passion (skiing, motorcycling, RVing, other?). Perhaps you can each take turns to do what you like as a team.

She should also realize that keeping an eagle in a cage is neither good for the bird, nor it's keeper. IF the situation at home becomes untenable, you've found an alternative.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2013
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: The ICW Single-handed (well almost) Part2

In a sense we "take turns" also, though we're lucky that our desires are closely aligned. We bring our bodies south most winters, but we don't bring the boat south every winter; that's our compromise, sometimes we fly or drive. And when we do take the boat south, Dan loves the ocean at night, I like the ICW and its quirky towns and wildlife ... so we take the ICW southbound in the autumn, and the ocean northbound in the springtime.

But I think great spouses are much harder to find than great adventures. If Dan didn't want to go, I'd just stay home and turn up the thermostat. Snow ain't so bad if you're looking at it through a pane of glass, beside a warm fireplace. JMHO.
chef2sail and bljones like this.

Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook