SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Paella burner

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Minnewaska 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever mounted one to their rail? My BBQ grill would not be wide enough to hold a paella pan, but it dawned on me that this dish is a perfect meal aboard, especially if we have guests. A 15" paella pan will feed 4 to 6 easily.

Not sure that wind would make it practical on the rail, but thought I would see if there are any members in Spain that couldn't live without it. :)

#2 ·
Has anyone ever mounted one to their rail? My BBQ grill would not be wide enough to hold a paella pan, but it dawned on me that this dish is a perfect meal aboard, especially if we have guests. A 15" paella pan will feed 4 to 6 easily.

When are you heading for the Eastern Caribbean?
Nikki will make her dynamite rum punch and I'll find a few "bugs" for the paella.
I'm hungry already!

#3 ·
When are you heading for the Eastern Caribbean?
Nikki will make her dynamite rum punch and I'll find a few "bugs" for the paella.
I'm hungry already!
Need to get a rig on the rail first. I've located some portable burners, but nothing that seems readily mountable yet. Not crazy about running one in the galley off a propane bottle either, but it would certainly work well. I'm sure I could get the job done with the paella pan on the stove, but the heat would be uneven, which is fairly important.

#7 ·
Rail mounted burner was unnecessary. A 13" paella pan fit nicely over the largest burner in the galley. This was the maiden voyage out at anchor last night......

Chorizo, shrimp, scallops, mussels, green beans, peas and roasted red peppers. This pic taken with another few mins to go till done. Spanish rice, saffron and paprika just became boat staples!

Dish Cuisine Mussel Food Seafood

Edit.... No idea why the pic is upside down. Sry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.