SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

manual for galilee 15

10K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Jagl 
#1 ·
Would anyone have or know where to find a manual for a galilee 15 ?

#3 ·
Manual for Galilee 15

Sailorrun --

Just saw your request for a Galilee 15 owner's manual. I have such a manual, in pdf format, and I'd be glad to send it to you. I also have a few other documents, such as the sail design diagram, measured drawings of the rudder and tiller, and of the teak splash board, and a rigging diagram, all in pdf.

Just let me know if you still need the manual, and if you want the other documents.

BTW, like you, I have decided to try to get my old Gal 15 back in shape for the sailing season here (Maryland Eastern Shore).

#17 ·
Re: Manual for Galilee 15

Sailorrun --

Just saw your request for a Galilee 15 owner's manual. I have such a manual, in pdf format, and I'd be glad to send it to you. I also have a few other documents, such as the sail design diagram, measured drawings of the rudder and tiller, and of the teak splash board, and a rigging diagram, all in pdf.

Just let me know if you still need the manual, and if you want the other documents.

BTW, like you, I have decided to try to get my old Gal 15 back in shape for the sailing season here (Maryland Eastern Shore).
Just bought a 1983 Galilee 15 in pretty good shape though the sails are a bit tired. Saw that you have a manual and rigging info. Would greatly appreciate any PDFs you have.
Fair winds and following seas,
Jerickson

#4 ·
Hi Bubba,
Your timing is perfect, I was about to carve up my piece of Brazilian Mahogany guessing at how the tiller should be shaped. A great big yes to anything you have about the Galilee 15. My G15 needs a tiller, 1/2 a splash board, lines, repair of dagger board, and lots of cleaning. Hopefully no bad leaks in the hull.

Maybe we can update each other on how our repairs/restorations progress.

Thanks Sailorrun

#19 ·
Veet, your best bet for 'Owner's manual' right now is to look at the Daysailer web site. They have ones for their DSI and DSII that are very close to the rigging setup we have for the Galilee. [Hoping Bubba the Geek comes thru but I'm not holding my breath]. Here are some pictures of my Gal as I step her mast and rig the main and jib halyards...pretty straightforward stuff. The real trick is to balance the side shrouds and the forward shroud to get the right mast rake for optimum weather helm.

Attachments

#23 ·
I have one of these neat little boats too. I would appreciate you sending the info to me if you still have it. I sent a request to your email from this message if it is still good.

Mine is sitting in my front yard getting cleaned up and patched. The neighbors are already talking and city code enforcement came by today. I gotta get this thing together and out of the yard!

Please help!

I don't want this little sweetheart to be lawn art.

Thanks!
O'

#25 ·
Ok I got the owners manual thanks to another member.

Now I'm looking for the trailer's 'Manufacturers Certificate of Origin' so I can get a title & tag for the trailer. I'm thinkin maybe a copy would do the trick.

maybe if folks are subscribed to this thread they'll see it and can email me a copy.

thanks

Joe

#26 · (Edited)
I couldn't find any information on the trailer that came with mine. I got a bill of sale from the prior owner saying that it was "home made" so that is what I used to get mine licensed.

While I was brushing rust and spraying cold galvanize, I searched the trailer from top to bottom and inside to outside looking for a serial number or a VIN number and found nothing. I suppose it could have been home made, but it doesn't look like it.

Since I got mine I have had to replace the rotted trailer bunk boards, bent and busted brackets, weather cracked keel rollers, springs, one was broken, and both axle spindles as they were both bent. I replaced the hubs and wheels too but that was just because they would not fit the new spindles and were very rusty.

#28 ·
Re: Manual for Galilee 15

Sounds like you have a lot of info available on the Galilee. Please see my post of today regarding a huge amount of water coming out of the stern plug after pulling the boat which was in a slip all summer. As stated the water appeared to be fresh and clean and did not appear to be lake water. Did Galilee use some type of water ballast or do I have a big problem.
Please advise.
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.