Join Date: May 2000
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 16
Re: another (easy to answer) roller furler question
If I am understanding you correctly you have two furling sails, 100% and 150%, one sail will rollup clockwise and the other counter-clockwise.
How often do you intend on switching between the two? If it were me I would not bother doing anything to change the direction of the UV guard on either sail.
When you go to change sails follow these simple steps:
1. Remove your furling line from the drum.
2. Unroll the 100% headsail.
3. Remove the 100% headsail.
4. Install the 150% headsail.
5. Roll up the 150% headsail by hand, in the opposite direction so the UV guard is out.
6. Install the furling line on the drum.
Go sailing, grab the jibsheet rollout the sail and watch the furling line rollup in the necessary direction. Done sailing grab the furling line and watch the sail rollup in the right direction.
s/v Siren Song 1994 Precision 28
If it ain't broke, it will be soon