SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hip-Checked By A Police Boat

1K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Group9 
#1 ·
Okay, so no sailboats involved. But, still. Who the eff taught this officer to drive a boat. Let's hope most LEOs have better training and judgment than this guy.

#5 ·
Part that was not shown in this clip but I saw it on the CNN clip was that he (the cop) was yelling at the boat operator (he had borrowed the boat from a friend) to calm down, no one was hurt, no one was in danger, but he was doing it from about 20 feet off shore. To chicken to come in and face his mistake.

#8 ·
#9 ·
A funny thing in the law enforcement agency where I worked was that many of our assigned boat operators were not boaters in their off time and were not that skilled. The last thing I wanted to do was make my hobby into a job and apparently a lot of other people felt the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.