Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Amazing Cruising Boat / Amazing Value!!

I just recently found out this boat was for sale. It is truly a .5% boat meaning it is on the top 0.5% of condition.

She is a 53' Pearson 530 and ZERO expense has been spared on ehr maintenance & up keep. The boat is a STEAL for someone looking for a great world cruiser or even comfortable East Coast cruiser.

This owner is MORE fastidious than I am and his level of boat care & maintenance is nothing short of perfection. Just in the last few years I know he's re-powered her, new refrigeration, varnish looks like a Hinckley, new Awlgrip, canvas et.c etc. the list goes on, and on and on and on. He never stops improving and working on this boat.

For anyone looking for a STEAL of a cruising boat, in PRISTINE condition, that even comes with ten of thousands of dollars in spare parts, this boat is the ONLY one on the market like it.

You could not buy her sistership and get her to this condition for even 750k.... I am horrified at the listing price on this boat knowing what has gone into it..

This boat is a STEAL at 275k........

Sea Return - Pearson 530

Why You Might Want To Buy This Boat - By John Harries s/v Morgan's Cloud

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 09-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-17-2013

Seaduction is on a distinguished road
re: Amazing Cruising Boat / Amazing Value!!

I've got my Powerball ticket already.
jimgo likes this.
Old 09-17-2013
Bluenoser

jimjazzdad is on a distinguished road

I dunno...I left my spare change in the pocket of the pants that went to the dry cleaner. Right now this is more my idea of affordable...
I had an Albin Vega years ago - really well built. Might have to go and take a look at this Ballad ;-)
Old 09-17-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road

Here's another one of those meticulously maintained sailboats:
1975 C&C 44 Custom
Old 09-17-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough

And I just bought a new home...if I had just waited a little longer
Old 09-17-2013
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road

I purchased our Pearson 530 4 years ago, mainly because of the Pearson reputation and because she had several features that I wanted in a boat, not the least of which was the "walk in" engine room.
I purchased her thinking she was a motorsailor, but have found her to be a great sailing boat; fast, comfortable and strong. In the last year of sailing the Windward and Leeward Islands (about 3300 miles) we have used the engine maybe 15 hours, so she is definitely NOT a motorsailor!
Three voyages to and from the US to the Caribbean (2 south & 1 north) has proven her to be a great offshore boat as well, I wouldn't hesitate to circumnavigate on her.
For anyone seeking a superlative cruising boat, I would highly recommend a Pearson 530.
Old 09-17-2013

manatee is on a distinguished road
Re: Amazing Cruising Boat / Amazing Value!!

This is obviously some heretofore unknown definition and contextual useage of the word "steal".
===========================

"The skipper should be the calmest person on board.
It is good for the morale of those around you. However, if everyone around you is frightened then be aware of the possibility that they know something you donít."

~~Dylan Winter,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-17-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatee View Post
This is obviously some heretofore unknown definition and contextual useage of the word "steal".
Go try and find a 53 foot blue water capable cruiser that has been maintained and upgraded as much as that boat has been and you will see that it is indeed a steal.. I understand many are not in that market range but I know people are and often find pure garbage, even in the 300k range.

Boats like Sea Return are true needle in the haystack boats and this boat is WAY under priced when you consider what man hours, money an effort it would take to get any boat comparable to this to that level of preparedness, beauty and perfection.. Bob works on this boat nearly 24/7 and it is darn close to a museum piece.

For those with a 300k budget or even a $250k budget I don't think you can find a better boat out there.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 09-17-2013

manatee is on a distinguished road

I had just read this before reading your post. The combo tickled my funnybone - I'm easily amused sometimes. Didn't mean to get your hackles up.
===========================

"The skipper should be the calmest person on board.
It is good for the morale of those around you. However, if everyone around you is frightened then be aware of the possibility that they know something you donít."

~~Dylan Winter,
Old 09-17-2013
Master Mariner

capta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
Here's another one of those meticulously maintained sailboats:
1975 C&C 44 Custom
Now that's an overpriced boat!