SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   SSCA Annapolis Gam (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/104073-ssca-annapolis-gam.html)

SVAuspicious 09-25-2013 10:29 AM

SSCA Annapolis Gam

If you are within reasonable driving or sailing distance of the Rhode River on Chesapeake Bay, consider Camp Letts as a destination this weekend.

The SSCA Annapolis Gam starts with a dinghy raft-up ("Heading South" - sharing knowledge between those who have and those who plan to) on Thursday afternoon at 5. Seminars start at 3p on Friday and run through Saturday. There is a flea market and round tables on Sunday.

In addition to the keynote by Beth Leonard we have NOAA OPC coming to talk about new weather products and weather guru Lee Chesneau talking about how the self sufficient sailor can use that data. We have a lady mechanic talking to our lady cruisers about engines and systems. Mike Ahart of Waterway Guides and Mark Doyle of Cruising the Waterways are speaking also. We have sessions on communications afloat, troubleshooting electrical systems, and more. SSCA members get a discount at admission but all are welcome.

Y'all c'mon down to the Rhode River.

Please note that fees cover our costs and all the speakers are donating their time. This is not a commercial enterprise. We are cruisers helping cruisers.

chucklesR 09-25-2013 10:34 AM

Re: SSCA Annapolis Gam

I'll be there saturday all day and the pot luck, maybe sunday morning.
Going by car.

T37Chef 09-25-2013 11:07 AM

Sounds great Dave, not sure if we can make it but we would like to try. Its all centered around the facilities at Camp Letts? What about fees, and how to pay and when?

SVAuspicious 09-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucklesR (Post 1093530)
I'll be there saturday all day and the pot luck, maybe sunday morning.
Going by car.

Hi Chuck - Be sure to look me up. You should be able to find me. *grin*

Quote:

Originally Posted by T37Chef (Post 1093551)
Sounds great Dave, not sure if we can make it but we would like to try. Its all centered around the facilities at Camp Letts? What about fees, and how to pay and when?

$35 for SSCA members, $50 for non-members. If you join at the Gam you get the member price. We have some extra meals but not a lot. If we sell out for dinner you can still sit in to hear Beth speak.

See The Seven Seas Cruising Association - IX -

Again - this is not a commercial enterprise - we are cruisers helping cruisers.

Auspicious will be in the anchorage by noon Thursday.

If Merit (the dinghy) is at the boat stop by and say hello - otherwise I'll be around the anchorage welcoming folks to the Gam and making sure we have as many burgees flying as possible.

Melrna 09-25-2013 12:08 PM

I will be there Sat and Sun.

BubbleheadMd 09-25-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrna (Post 1093585)

Uh-oh! Secure your liquor lockers!

T37Chef 09-25-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd:1093607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrna (Post 1093585)

Uh-oh! Secure your liquor lockers!

Bawahaha

DRFerron 09-25-2013 02:03 PM

SSCA Annapolis Gam

John and I are enroute! Sorta. We just left the beer store.

BubbleheadMd 09-25-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRFerron (Post 1093689)
John and I are enroute! Sorta. We just left the beer store.

You do understand that I live just around the corner from this event?
There will be a "transfer of assets" while you're at the dinghy raft-up.:laugher

Jiminri 09-25-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbleheadMd (Post 1093822)
You do understand that I live just around the corner from this event?
There will be a "transfer of assets" while you're at the dinghy raft-up.:laugher

Pirate! Depends who gets there first! :D (Or we could split the booty!)