Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related)
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004

starcresttoo is on a distinguished road
my sins were washed away

five boats sank at my marina from frances.the one next to me,and two others 3 slips down.two houseboats ended up on the rocks.another house barge was completely destroyed.the marina was subjected to 120 mph winds.the lake level rose 6-8 feet from storm surge.a lot of damage.there was the threat of the slips coming off the pilings.there wont be any shore power for a while.still many other boats came in from marinas on the coast that were destroyed,now they have no place to go.lucky for them we had many slips available and still do.all in all the everglade adventures marina was and still is a safe place overall.we were 20 miles from the eyewall.I came back to my boat to find it exactly the way I found it.there was 2 inches of water in the bilge.the automatic pump did its job.the interior was chaotic. I inquired with the manager about just what would happen if my boat was to sink.It would cost 2000 dollars to raise it.Its only about 5-6 feet deep in the marina. so if in fact my sins were washed away,the next round is on me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2004

starcresttoo is on a distinguished road
my sins were washed away

and so I have found out that an elderly couple living on a 70 foot house boat will have to declare there boat a total loss (150k) as they will not be able to repair the interior.on a lighter note two of the sunken vessels were refloated with large come-along type devices and floating devices
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook