Over Hill Sailing Club
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Adirondacks NY
Thanked 111 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: I need advice ..off shore or Intracoastal NJ to Florida
Sometime, usually during the middle of November, the weather will turn to many more days of northerly wind as Jon mentioned. You'll have to go outside down to Cape May and there will likely be long delays waiting for weather windows. I'd suggest planning to wait for a good stretch of weather to pass below NJ. The Jersey stretch offers few places to bail. Then get into Delaware Bay via Cape May, and just stay inside, using the C&D Canal to go to the Chesapeake, picking up the ICW just below Hampton Roads. If your draft is in the 6' range, as it looks from the pictures, you might think about Green Cove Springs, on the St.John's River in Florida, if it really is 8' you'd have to call them for advice. Northern Florida gets cool but cool is good weather for boat work. In the summer, it's too damned hot and humid to even think down there, no less get any major work done on a boat.
Alberg 35: With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship.