Motor boat hard motion (funny) - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of Old 10-12-2013

Re: Motor boat hard motion (funny)

I always though sailors were ladies and gentleman, what's funny about this..?? People were seriously hurt and maybe have had their quality of life impacted as a result of this..

Just because people prefer to power boat over sail doesn't make them bad people....
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of Old 10-12-2013 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
I always though sailors were ladies and gentleman, what's funny about this..?? People were seriously hurt and maybe have had their quality of life impacted as a result of this..

Just because people prefer to power boat over sail doesn't make them bad people....
I would not disagree but most of the times sometimes sheer stupidity is funny specially if it will not end up in serious injuries. That's not about power boats or sailing boats, that's about very bad seamanship, or can't you see nothing wrong in the way the skipper and the crew/passangers are acting?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of Old 10-12-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I would not disagree but most of the times sometimes sheer stupidity is funny specially if it will not end up in serious injuries...
There were serious injuries. Read the links that I provided. Not funny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
post #14 of Old 10-12-2013

Nothing funny about the aftermath of this event but it will live on "You Tube" for a long time as a comedy. The video cuts out and there in no audio when these boaters were crying in pain.
Kudos to the woman who shut the boat down and immediately went to the aid of others, she must have been injured and badly shaken up herself.
My guess is the OP had no idea how the event ended and given the chance would change the title.
post #15 of Old 10-12-2013
Senior Moment Member

Comedy is tragedy happening to someone else.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #16 of Old 10-12-2013
Senior Moment Member

I grew up in a summer resort on a big lake. Sailing was minimal then but the lake was always full of fast powerboats. Every summer there were serious injuries or worse, almost always due to stupidity, drunkenness etc.

One thing I learned a long time ago - one you get past about 60 in a smallish powerboat you are on a knife edge, courting disaster - one wrong wave and you are in that video.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #17 of Old 10-12-2013

As long as I live I will never understand someone who drives 60 or 70 mph on a highway to get to a dock (and complaining about potholes) getting thrilled by driving 40mph on a boat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.