SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Motor boat hard motion (funny) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/104613-motor-boat-hard-motion-funny.html)

PCP 10-11-2013 07:14 AM

Motor boat hard motion (funny)

<iframe width="890" height="501" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OyUF-Q8qdbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimgo 10-11-2013 08:57 AM

Re: Motor boat hard motion (funny)

Ouch! Wow, I wonder what they hit!

Saw this in the comments on YouTube:
Published on January 24, 2013

This video both terrifying and spectacular was captured at a gathering of boats on a lake in Missouri, United States.

Colorful bikinis, sunglasses and smiles on the lips suggest a nice run on a beautiful offshore Fountain. The trip quickly turns to tragedy when the boat and its passengers cross a large wave wake at high speed.

The driver then lost control of the offshore pitching violently from side to side, throwing in a chaotic seven passengers on board. According to the American TV channel Lake, all five were injured and had to be evacuated to the hospital.

Speed, yes, but caution first.
Jo'Ann Huard
Insurance Le Gardeur

CBinRI 10-11-2013 09:07 AM

Stink-potting is so relaxing!

CaribDream 10-11-2013 12:04 PM

"It's got a key, steering wheel, and a throttle - how hard can it be? I'll definitely impress these chicks! Hammer-down!"

travlineasy 10-11-2013 04:33 PM

I hate to see someone injured because of sheer stupidity on the part of the captain.I've seen this type of incident on many, many occasions, and every time I saw it I thought to myself, what kind of idiot would subject his passengers to this type of danger? And I don't care what kind of boat he was operating. I've seen some pretty stupid antics from sailboat captains as well. Fortunately, in this instance, there were no children involved. How many of you have seen first hand some fool skipping across the waves with a young child sitting on the bow of the boat? Supreme lunacy at best!

Cheers,

Gary :cool:

TakeFive 10-11-2013 10:46 PM

There was a thread on this a year ago. At the time I posted some comments from one of the passengers.

Rhapsody-NS27 10-12-2013 05:45 AM

I remember seeing this video a long time ago. It's like driving in snow and ice, it takes one slip up to be done for. As they say in the military, Safety is everybody's business.

TakeFive, Thanks for the quoted comment in the other post. It's good to see something from one of the participants and the outcome of the accident. Hopefully everyone recovered well.

mad_machine 10-12-2013 05:48 AM

ouch.. they really did get banged up. I wonder if there was ever any follow up? Some of those people will have a lifetime of pain to deal with now for a moment of inattention

SloopJonB 10-12-2013 12:11 PM

I wonder how many teeth got picked out of the bilge?

TakeFive 10-12-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad_machine (Post 1103301)
ouch.. they really did get banged up. I wonder if there was ever any follow up? Some of those people will have a lifetime of pain to deal with now for a moment of inattention

The thread I linked is still active. You can find updates there.

BTW, I don't consider this incident funny at all. I don't agree with this thread's title.