SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Christmas Pressies For Sailors (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/104840-christmas-pressies-sailors.html)

Halcyon1 10-18-2013 04:43 AM

Christmas Pressies For Sailors

Okay, so it's only October and we shouldn't be talking about it yet; but any great ideas for Christmas presents this year for sailing enthusiasts?

Pete

Minnewaska 10-18-2013 05:01 AM

Re: Christmas Pressies For Sailors

I ask for an Oyster 65 every year.

jimgo 10-18-2013 08:38 AM

When you the the Oyster, the Jeanneau won't do you any good any more Minne. You can just pass that down to me.

Right now, my Christmas list includes a par of Costa del Mar sunglasses and a line cutter for the prop shaft.

Philzy3985 10-18-2013 12:15 PM

Gift cards to marine stores.

That's gold.

avenger79 10-18-2013 01:32 PM

I'll be needing a new anchor rode as my last one got used on some cat named Halcyon1 when he brought up Christmas before we even made it to ice out on the water.....LOL

honestly could use new main and jib sheets....have to let her know where to order those.

SHNOOL 10-18-2013 02:00 PM

A new 140 load path genoa (number 2)
A new reaching symmetrical spin (star)
Rigid Vang
Hell since we're just dreaming, a pair of number 40 ST winches.
New standing rigging
New running rigging...
a 4 stroke 4hp outboard.

heheheh... the list goes on and on!

Since I am on the naughty list, I'll get nothing but coal... so move on!

jimgo 10-18-2013 02:08 PM

Shnool, when you're as bad as me, you realize that coal isn't so bad. You just need to get a coal-powered heater, or a steam-powered outboard. Then you're golden.

misfits 10-18-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon1 (Post 1107049)
Okay, so it's only October and we shouldn't be talking about it yet; but any great ideas for Christmas presents this year for sailing enthusiasts?

Pete

Funny my daughter just said to me this evening, only 10 more Saturdays until Christmas. Not that far off when you think of it that way.

poopdeckpappy 10-18-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHNOOL (Post 1107269)
I'll get nothing but coal... so move on!

Shhhh, not so loud, I've been deliberately bad for years, in a few more I'll be able heat my house.

I would like a elf or two to unstep my mast, re-varnish it and step it again all in one night.

Dog8It 10-18-2013 08:36 PM

All I want for Christmas is a bareboat charter (cat preferred) in the Caribbean. Not asking for much, two weeks will do. Thank you in advance. :)