SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Sailing is better than sex... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/104976-sailing-better-than-sex.html)

Halcyon1 10-23-2013 05:17 AM

Sailing is better than sex...

REASONS SAILING IS BETTER THAN SEX:
- You don't have to hide your collection of sailboat magazines.
- It's perfectly acceptable to pay a professional to Sail with you once in a while.
- The Ten Commandments don't say anything about Sailing.
- If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Sailing your boat, you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.
- Your Sailing partner doesn't get upset and really does forget about people you sailed with long ago.
- It's perfectly respectable to Sail with a total stranger.
- When you see a really good Sailor, you don't have feel guilty about imagining the two of you Sailing together.
- If your regular Sailing partner isn't available, they won't object or criticize if you Sail with someone else.
- Nobody will ever tell you that if you Sail by yourself, youíll go blind.
- When dealing with a Sailing pro, you never have to wonder if heís really an undercover cop.
- You can have a Sailing calendar on your wall at the office, tell Sailing jokes, and invite coworkers to Sail with you without getting sued for harassment or sex discrimination at work
- There are no Sailing-transmitted diseases.
- If you want to watch Sailing on television, you don't have to subscribe to the Playboy channel and you donít need to feel guilty watching on the family TV.
- Nobody expects you to Sail with the same partner for the rest of your life.∑
- Nobody expects you to give up Sailing if your partner loses interest in it.
- Your Sailing partner will never say, "Not again? We just Sailed last week! Is sailing all you ever think about?"

weinie 10-23-2013 06:02 AM

Re: Sailing is better than sex...

-Gel coat blisters can be rather easily cured. Herpes 2 blisters, not so much.

caberg 10-23-2013 08:10 AM

Crabs.... Oh never mind.

azguy 10-23-2013 09:05 AM

I thought sailing led to sex...??

miatapaul 10-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon1 (Post 1109328)
REASONS SAILING IS BETTER THAN SEX:

- Your Sailing partner will never say, "Not again? We just Sailed last week! Is sailing all you ever think about?"

I hear this all the time! Though I would not really call her a sailing partner, just another reason I suppose.

krisscross 10-23-2013 09:17 AM

I would add another reason:
- When you are 80, you can still raise your sail anytime you want (you may just need a bigger winch handle to do it)

34crealock 10-23-2013 09:22 AM

Especially Singlehanding.

AirborneSF 10-23-2013 09:50 AM

Speaking for yourself I hope?

kwaltersmi 10-23-2013 09:52 AM

Who says the two are mutually exclusive? ;)

emcentar 10-23-2013 10:23 AM

If you think the wife won't get jealous if you sail with someone else then you just haven't found female sailor companions yet. ;)