SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Nigerian Piracy now too

944 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  nolatom 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Piracy is a global issue. I have never understood the glamorization of pirates.
Likewise...seems the latest was a deliberate targeting of Americans. Maybe put some of these so called play acting wannabe pirates on board some of these vessels passing thru these known areas of piracy and see their reaction afterwards..or better yet..use them as ransom payoffs..:cool:

#9 · (Edited)
This is an Edison Chouest ship, a company with many Navy contacts and contracts for sophisticated ‘research’ stuff. I am sure the Captain, Chief, and ship will get quick attention from the right people—any company would, but especially Chouest..

Plus, I’m thinking the Prez is looking for *some* executive decision to turn out right for a change lately (just as did the Captain Phillips episode on the MAERSK ALABAMA when he acted boldly), and this might just be it. So im thinking it will get the highest attention.

Also the Nigerians may be less whacked-out than the Somali pirates in decision-making.

This is also a "Louisiana ship", so it gets much press down here. Sen. Mary Landrieu will also be very tuned in to this, Vitter too.

Best wishes and prayers for these two men, and the remaining crew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.